Distance (17)

"I'm back!" I said, looking at Clay. He looked up at me, but his gaze immediately went to the male standing next to me.

"Who's that?" He asked, walking towards the two of us. "You said you were going to eat with Nick." He said.

"I did! Clay, this is my brother Aiden. Aiden, this is my boyfriend Clay!" I said, introducing the two.

"First- Dream. And second, you've never told me about a brother.." Clay said, suspiciously. I sighed. "My childhood's a-.. touchy subject.. But- I ran into Aiden while Nick and I were eating. We haven't seen each other in years." I said, changing the subject back to the present.

Clay glared at Aiden, before looking back at me. "It's fine, Y/N- I can find another place to stay." Said Aiden. "No! You don't have to do that, Aiden." I said, giving him a sympathetic smile. Clay gave both me and him a dirty look, before turning to face me again. "Why is he here?" He asked.

"He needs a place to stay for a while." I replied.
"And why can't he stay in L'Manburg?" Clay asked, annoyed. "Clay! He's my brother!" I said. "Doesn't explain why he has to stay here." Clay replied.

"He doesn't know anyone there. The only person he knows here besides me, is Nick. And even I don't know where Nick has been staying. He's refused to tell me any time I've brought it up." I stated. Clay rolled his eyes.

I sighed, looking back at Aiden. "Sorry about this.." I said. Aiden chuckled. "Don't worry about it!" He said, smiling sympathetically.

I pulled out my phone, sending a quick message, before looking back at Aiden. "George is in the living room. He said he'd help you get situated! I think you two will get along nicely." I said, showing him the message from George.

"Sweet! Thanks again for letting me stay here, Y/N." He said, hugging me. "Of course! It's the least I can do after everything you've done for me.." I said, hugging back. Aiden kissed the top of my head, before walking out to find George.

This left Clay and I alone. Clay rolled his eyes, before sitting back on his bed. I walked over, and took a seat next to him. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke up.

"Hey.. Are you alright?" I asked, looking over at the blonde next to me. "Yeah, why?" He asked, staring at his phone.

"You just- I don't know, you seem off lately. Like- you seen really distant, and are a little more on edge. I was wondering if it was something I did- or.." I said, trailing off.

"I'm not being distant. You're just being paranoid." He said, still not looking at me.

"Oh.. Alright then.. Well do you-" I started. "No." He said. "You don't even know what I was-" He interrupted me again. "Doesn't matter. No." He said.

I sighed. "I- I'll let you be, then.." I said, getting up and walking into the living room. When I entered, both Aiden and George were sitting on the couch.

"Hey!" Said George, smiling. "Hi.." I said, sitting down in between the two. "Is it Dream?" asked George. I chuckled slightly. "Is it that obvious?" I asked, knowing damn well what the answer was.

"Only a lot." George said, chuckling. "What'd he do this time?" He asked. "Just.. still being really distant. And he keeps getting mad at me for the slightest things- Not to mention the fact that he won't even let me get through a sentence, before immediately shutting down my ideas.." I said, venting to George.