I Forgive You (14)

I walked into Clays room, to see him already snuggled up in his blankets. I giggled at the sight. He looked at me, and then sat up. "I assume you want to talk about.. stuff..?" He said.

I smiled, and walked over to his bed, plopping myself down next to him. I opened my arms, signaling to him that it was okay to lay down. He smiled, and leaned his head onto my chest, and his arms wrapped gently around my torso, as not to hurt me.

I leaned my head down, so that my chin was resting on top of his head. He tightened his grip around my torso, causing me to hiss slightly, at the sudden pressure on my wound. He quickly apologized, before speaking again. "So.. a-are we going to talk about everything..?" He asked, nervously.

"I talked about all of it with George.. But I'd still love to hear what you have to say!" I said, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Wait- What did you and George talk about..?" He asked. I spent the next ten minutes or so telling Clay what George had explained to me. He sat there, patiently listening until I was done. 

"He's.. not wrong.." Clay said, shyly. I chuckled, as I began twisting his slightly curly hair around my fingers. "Is there anything you wanted to add?" I asked. He thought for a minute. He sat up a bit, so that he could look me in the eyes.

"I'm really sorry Y/N.. You have no idea how much I regret everything that happened. Not only did I hurt the people you love, but I hurt you!- If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be in the condition that you are!" He said, pointing to my bandaged stomach.

"I just don't get it! I hurt you so much and yet you're still here- taking care of me?! Why..?" He asked, lowering his voice a bit.

"Because I love you, Clay. I know you didn't mean for all of this to happen.. And I know that you're working on handling your emotions better, and I'm more than willing to help you! But you have to promise me that you won't let your ego get in the way of you being honest with me, alright? I can't help you if I don't know what's going on in your head." I said, looking at him.

His cheeks were now dusted a light pink shade. He buried his head in the crook of my neck, before speaking.

"I love you too, Y/N.. and I promise. I still don't understand why you're forgiving me, but I have a good feeling there's no changing your mind.." He said, chuckling. I giggled. "Damn right!" I said, kissing the top of his head. "Thank you so much.. for everything. I don't understand how the f*ck I got lucky enough to have you in my life, but god, I'm glad I did." He said, smiling.

I laughed, and hugged him tightly. It hurt like hell, but I couldn't find a reason to care. "You don't need to thank me.." I said, as he hugged me back.

We layed that way for a few minutes, before Clay sighed heavily. "You alright?" I asked, looking down at him. "Yeah.. Just.. your home's gone- and there's absolutely NO way that your brothers- or Sapnap- will ever forgive me.." He said, sadly.

I thought for a minute. "Well.. The boys told me that they've almost completely rebuilt L'Manburg! Other than my house, it's practically done." I said. This seemed to make Clay perk up a bit.

"Wait really?" He said, almost excitedly. "Mhm!— Now.. I can't promise anything, since I can't control how they'll react.. but we can always just try talking to everyone." I said, trying to sound as reassuring as possible.

He looked up at me and smiled. "I'd like that.. but not right now." He said as he snuggled back up to me. I laughed, wrapping my arms around him. "Alright then." I said, placing a kiss on his forehead.

After another few seconds of silence, he spoke again. "Hey Y/N..?" He said, softly. "Mhm?" I hummed. "What.. What did Sapnap mean when he was talking about how difficult your childhood was..?" He asked, somewhat nervously.