Empty Promises (19)

⚠️ TW ⚠️ Mentions of abuse. Read at your own risk.

After a while of sitting, Tommy spoke up. "What have you eaten today?" He asked, still keeping his voice calm. (Shocker, I know.) "Uh.. Nothing.." I said, knowing I couldn't lie to him.

"Come on." He said, standing up and reaching his hand out for me to take. "Where are we going?" I asked, confused.

"L'Manburg. You need to eat something." He said, as I took his hand. "But Wilbur-" He cut me off. "It doesn't matter. This is more important." He said, as he dragged me along towards the walls of L'Manburg.

I sighed, but complied. When we finally got back to L'Manburg, I felt like my legs were actually going to snap.

Tommy opened the gate and led me inside. Tubbo came to greet Tommy, but stopped when he noticed me. "What is she doing h- woah- Y/N, what happened?" He asked, eyes widening at my pitiful state.

I shook my head, looking away from him. "Tommy.. you know Wilbur's going to kill you for bringing her here. He's still pissed about yesterday!" Said Tubbo. "I don't care, Toby. This is way more important than that." He said, squeezing my hand.

As if on cue, out walked Wilbur. "Tommy.. What did we talk about? I just scolded you for inviting her here, and now she's back?!" He said, angrily.

"I know, Wil. I know. But this isn't the time." Said Tommy. "And why might that be?" Asked Wilbur. "I- I can't say. It's not my place to tell you. But it's more important than this. Now if you'll excuse us, we'll be on our way." He said, dragging me to his house.

When we got back to his place, he told me to sit at the kitchen table while he cooked me food. He attempted to make stew and toast.. but it came out a little more like cold meat broth, and bricks.

I giggled, but I really did appreciate his efforts. "Oh, so this is the first time you've smiled and hours, and it's because you're making fun of my cooking skills?" He said, amused.

I kept laughing. "I- I'm sorry!" I said, between wheezes. Once I could finally breath again, I spoke. "Thank you, Tom.. I really appreciate this.." Tommy smiled.

"Of course, Y/N.. I don't care what I said a while ago.. You're always gonna be my sister." He said. I smiled, before eating the 'food' he made me. (If you could even call it that.)

-.-

I thanked Tommy again for everything, and made my way back to the DreamSMP Lands. Tommy insisted I stay with him, but I didn't  want to be a burden.

After a while of walking, I was back at the house. I took a deep breath, before opening the door.

I was immediately met with two arms wrapping me in a tight hug.

"Holy shit! Thank god you're okay!" Said an all-too-familiar voice. Clay.

He noticed that I wasn't hugging him back, and let me go. "Uh.. Sorry.." He said, awkwardly. Instead of responding, I just kept my eyes glued to the floor.

"I- I think we need to talk.." He said, still looking at me. "There's nothing to talk about..." I said. "Y/N I-" I interrupted him.

"You promised." I said, finally meeting his gaze as tears filled my eyes. Clay looked taken aback. "What..?" He asked, confused.

"Y-You promised you wouldn't leave.." I said, averting my gaze once again.

"Y/N.." Clay said, his gaze softening. "I'm so so-"

"You're not.. I-if you were sorry- you wouldn't keep doing this.." I said, tears threatening to fall.

Clay tried to step closer, reaching a hand out, but I put mine out in front of me. "P-please don't touch me.." I said.

"Y/N! You're ba- Woah.. What's going on..?" Asked Aiden, as he and George walked into the room.

"Nothing." I said, pushing past Clay.

"Y/N-" Said Aiden, grabbing my wrist. "What's wrong?" He asked, worry laced in his tone.

"It's nothing-" I said, looking away. "It's obviously not 'nothing,' if you're crying. You've been gone all day, and then you show up crying. Where even were you?" He said, word vomiting.

"I was in L'Manburg.." I said, earning surprised looks from both Clay and George. "L'Manburg?" They said in unison. I sighed. "Yes." I said. "How did you get in?" Asked George, confused. "I was with Tommy." I said, not wanting to answer anymore questions.

"Why did Tommy take you to L'Manburg?" Asked Clay. "I don't understand why you care." I said, not bothering to look at him.

"Y/N- Don't be like that.." He said. "Are you kidding me? You can't f*cking dump me with no context, ignore my messages asking about it, and then just expect me to be best friends with you. That's not how this works! You don't understand what our relationship meant to me, Clay!" I said, the tears I just pushed down, bubbling back up.

"I sound stupid, I know! But honestly, I don't care anymore! I don't know what you f*cking want from me! You keep doing this, and I don't   understand! You keep making these empty promises, and then expecting me to be perfectly fine when you break them!" I said, tears steaming down my face.

George and Aiden were wearing matching looks of pure shock. Clay looked surprised by my outburst, but mostly hurt.

"Wait- Hold on- Y'all broke up?! I'm so confused.." Said George, looking between Clay and I.

Aiden walked over to me, grabbing my hand to comfort me.

"Yes- We did, but-" I interrupted him. "There are no 'buts,' Clay! I don't know what you expect me to do. I lost my family for you! And now I'm losing you, too?" I asked, unable to contain my flowing tears.

"This is so stupid.." I muttered, looking down.

George came over and hugged me tightly, as Aiden walked towards Clay.

Aiden's POV :

I was practically seeing red. I was so mad that this guy was treating my sister this way with no remorse. Who does he think he is?! I wasn't thinking straight.

Without even realizing it, I walked right up to the man, and punched him square in the nose.

"Aiden!" I heard Y/N call. I didn't care. I needed to teach this guy not to mess with my sister.

"How f*cking dare you! I may have just met you yesterday, but you've been nothing but an asshole to Y/N! You don't understand what she's been through! She deserves so much better than an ass like you! I had to watch her get be@ten daily, and couldn't do anything about it! Considering how traumatizing that was for me, I can't even imagine what that did to her!"