EPILOGUE

I have the day off from work and I intend to meet Tyra. She answered my invitation to her and we met at Green Tea—the best relaxation area where we could relax while drinking our favorite iced cold teas.

Hindi mahirap pakisamahan si Tyra, and unlike other friends of mine, she's my better half through and through. And even on my bad days, she's there to talk to and understand me, even on my rants.

Pareho kaming nakaupo, kaharap ang isa't-isa at masaya habang nagkatinginan. She always had a sweet and friendly smile.

"And finally, you already have your best partner in life," she gladly said. "I'm happy for you, Maddy."

"Thank you for staying with me, Tiara . . . for everything, and you know, you treated me like your real sister. You're so good to me."

"Congratulations and thank you, Maddy. Hopefully, you will still stay with me as my sister."

"So I will stay. Yes."

"I can't really wait to see you in a white gown, walking down the aisle and meeting your man in the holy matrimony," she added. "And, of course, meeting your second child soon."

She gave me a wink and obviously, alam niya ang isang bagay ba iilan lang din ang nakakaalam.

"Okay, just hold on." I tried to stop her from saying anything.

"No need to give an explanation, Maddy. Dahil kahit sabihin mo pa, alam ko na," pabiro niyang sabi. "And yes, I'm your private eye, and I'm watching you. So better not to keep anything from me."

"Aangal pa ba ako? Sa iyo pa lang, talo na ako," nakangising sagot ko at uminom sa aking baso.

"I remember the constant experiences before we had a pretty cool quarrel."

"So what is your point in reminding me of that again?"

"I will never forget you, Minder." I simply rolled my eyes and shook a little.

"If you don't forget me, then never expect that I'll forget you too." I scoffed at her. "We are both playing the same game, Tiara, and we both know how things really happened, just like how people treated us."

"Huwag lang magkamali si Rain na lokohin ka. Dahil kapag sinubukan niya, ako talaga ang makakalaban niya."
Silence spread for a moment.

"Cheating is a choice," I said, grinning, "and loyalty is a responsibility. And we both know that."

Pagkatapos naming mag-usap ni Tyra, nagkahiwalay na rin kami ng direksyon. I was walking outside when someone on my phone hit me up. Huminto ako at kinuha ang phone mula sa aking bag. I was a little worried when Megan, who has been texting me once, just hit me up with a call now.

"Yes, hello?"

"Pwede ba tayo magkita?"
I simply checked the time on my wristwatch at sakto naman dahil hindi pa ako gaanong busy. She sends me an address where we will meet.

Papasok pa lang alo sa Restau, pero dama ko na ang panlalamig sa aking buong katawan. Ganunpaman, hindi ako nahirapan lalo pa at agad ko naman din siyang nakita.

Nilapitan ko siya at nginitian saka umupo. Wala akong panahon para siya'y batiin.

"Hi," bati niya sa akin na tila may pagkailang. Tumango lang ako at tuloy lamang sa pagtingin sa kaniya.