Chapter Fourteen: At Stake [3]

Luna swayed the branches that was on her way while walking in the forest. She clicked her tongue when a branched caught her dress.

Darn it!

Suddenly, she aggressively tore the clothing and continued to walk, searching for a certain Deity. Agapius.

If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be in this situation.

Appearing out of nowhere and asking her to follow him—which she in fact did, only to made a fool out of herself. Regretting following an LED man, in the night.

She turned her head looking side to side until her face got caught into a spider web and almost made her trip.

'Let's not wear dresses like this ever again!'

Afterwards, with countless of suffering, tearing the dress and searching. Luna finally got a glimpse of a glowing light from afar. She had a scowl while stomping her foot advancing towards the familiar light.

There stand a man with a long blonde golden hair as his body glow.

Once Luna was almost near, she felt the urge to stop her tracks. Something felt wrong. Agapius wasn't moving at all, he was just standing there, not flinching nor making a bit of sound.

Is he trying to—well, scare her?

"Agapius?"

─────☽✴☾─────

Shiki went back to his seat with a frown planted on his face. This made the two to look at him bewildered as they open a new placed wine on their table.

"What's with him?" Remus whispered to Rei suddenly pouring the purple liquid into the glass.

"Who knows, probably got rejected by Luna." Rei jeered as she scoffed and drink the poured wine.

It then hit them.

Speaking of Luna, she was nowhere to be found. The two was so sure that Shiki and her was Together after that incident that occurred earlier. 'So something DID happen between them?'

"Nothing happened, and I am not rejected. She suddenly ran away." The two winced when Shiki spoke up, looking at them with a scowl.

"Not rejected? So you were planning to confess in this very critical situation?" Said Rei half teasingly as she raised a brow and smirked at her brother.

Shiki was confused by what his sister meant. Does it appear to them that he has a thing for the maiden? Or was her fantasy running wild again? 

"I did not got rejected and I was not planning to confess. Luna is like a little sister I couldn't have." He answered, which made Rei to be taken aback.

"Hey... that hurt, ya know." Rei pouted.

"Anyway, where did she ran off to then?" Remus suddenly interrupted in.

"At the forest, near a big tree to the south west together with an unknown glowing light."

The two blinked at they looked at him perplexed.

Rei gape, "How...How would you know?"

Shiki heaved a sigh and thought that  might as well tell them about the brooch.

The brooch pin Luna was wearing has his mana implanted on it, initially he plan to give it to Rei, but he was too sure she would just throw it or more likely to just keep it till the mana disappear and become useless.

Because of the mana in the brooch he could easily tell and trace where it is, that's why he told Luna to wear it. One's  mana is still connected to the one who casted it.