Gone(9)

"So come on! I think Leila is cute." Lauren smiled, skipping through the name book. While Harry was out with his friends, I was here with mine. Apparently Liam & Lauren have been doing well, as she dishes out for us.

"No way! I think Crystal or Kayla." Lucy shot back, peeking at the book. They've been like this for hours, constantly reading through the book. I think they should name my child.

"Here, you look." Lucy said, shoving the book into my hands. I stared at it as if it were an alien.

"Soph, you'll be fine. It doesn't bite." Lauren said, raising an eyebrow while smiling. I nodded, pursing my lips as I flipped through the pages. Becky, Jane, Toria, Adelyn..

I sighed. This was harder than what I thought.

My fingers skimmed across the names, none of them seeming exactly right. Plus, this was only for a girl name. What happens when I look for a boy?

Kingsley, Blair...

Frustrated, I tossed the book down, hiding my face. There wasn't going to be a name that was perfect, ever. Not in a million years would I find a name I think suited this baby. I peered at the book, as it laid there slightly flopped onto a random page. One name stuck out from all the others.

Phoebe.

Phoebe. Phoebe. It sounded so sweet, it sounded so..unexpected perhaps? A name you don't hear often, a name with meaning.

That's it. That's what I'll name my baby if it's a girl.

I smiled, and looked towards Lucy and Lauren.

"Phoebe." I said aloud finally, earning a raised eyebrow from the both of them.

"Phoebe?" They both said, at exactly the same time

"Yeah." I answered, showing them the name.

"Um, if that's what you like." Lauren announced, standing up. "I'm going to get us some drinks." She said, leaving the room. I sighed, they didn't like it.

"Phoebe is.. different. But it's unique. And this baby is quite unique.." Lucy said, biting her lip. She was hiding her disappointment.

"You don't like it?" She half smiled, shrugging.

"It sounds fine. It's not that bad. Now how about we search for a boy name?" She asked.  What if Phoebe was a stupid name? Would my daughter hate it, and hate me? I ran a hand through my hair, nodding again. This is so stressful, I'm not sure anymore.

"How about Aries?" She finally said after an hour. I looked up, squinting slightly. She brought the book to my view, showing me the meaning. Apparently, Aries was a god's name. God of war.

"Loo, I'm not sure I want to name my son after a war god?" I asked, holding onto my small bump.

"Well, he would think it was awesome." She said, laughing as she sat cross legged.

"What about...Avery? Or Gale? How about Dauntes, or Vincent, or Silas. Oh, what about Dorian-"

"Wait, go back." I told her, hearing a name that sounded..different.

"Dorian?" She questioned.

"No,,before that?" I hesitated.

"Vincent?" I sighed.

"After that." I said again.

"Silas?" She finally answered, and I gasped.

"Silas. It sounds perfect." I reach forward, grabbing the book. My eyes scan the page until I find it, Silas- It means forest. not the worst name meaning, and it is different.