chapter 2 - the exam briefing

When I was about to find a cafe, I realised that it was 5 minutes away from the exam briefing. Aia told me to join it, so I guess I'll be running to the building.

I enter the room for the exam briefing and I go to sit somewhere.

But then, I saw her. My older sister, Aia, with a brunette bob-styled wig with pink cheeks. I can already hear her sickening fake laughter from here, then all of a sudden I heard the lights turn on.

The announcement was going to start, finally.

"Fellow candidates. Welcome to my live show!" suddenly I heard a blonde guy announce.

"Everybody say 'Hey'!" he screamed. It sounded like complete silence, but I could still hear Aia respond.

"You guys are no fun. So fellow candidates, I shall explain briefly about the practical test. Are you ready?! Yeah!!" he yelled, the room was still filled with silence; I didn't want to respond, too tired.

I suddenly hear someone behind me talk about this guy. Somehow, this guy's a 'hero'? His name sounded unfamiliar too. 'Present Mic', nothing comes to mind. I guess my childhood did end quite early, so makes sense.

"As indicated in the exam's pamphlet, candidates will have to participate in a 10-minute long mock battle!" he shouted, again. I might need to get my ear checked out soon after this, ow.

"You can bring any items. After my speech, you should go to your respective arena. OK?!" I then looked at my card, it seems like I'm in area C. I hope Aia's in a different one, I can't deal with her right now.

"The arena has 3 types of Villain-bots. You gain points according to their difficulty. Use your quirk to defeat Villain-bots and accumulate points! This is your goal as a candidate." he informed us. I'll for sure struggle a lot, because of my psychopathic older sister I have to use a quirk of someone she killed. Ugh.

"Villainy behaviors, like attacking others, are prohibited." he added while shaking his pointer finger.

Suddenly, this guy raised his hand and said he had a question. He looks familiar, do I know him from somewhere?

"The pamphlet says there are 4 Villain-bots. If this is a printing error, it is very unbecoming of Japan's No. 1 U.A. High. We, the candidates, came here to seek guidance from model heroes!" he spoke, "Also the guy with the curly hair, You've been mumbling non-stop. This is not professional. If you're here to play, please leave now." He added unnecessarily, I realized the guy who he's talking to is the guy behind me. He's been super annoying, but I honestly didn't really notice ― Plus I don't really care too.

"OK. OK. Candidate N. 7111. That's an excellent question. Thanks." Present Mic said calming down the situation.

"The 4th Villain-bot gives 0 points. It's there to distract you! Each arena will have one. It will charge anywhere. You can defeat it, but it brings no benefit. I suggest everyone avoid it." He answered, I hope this stuff is important because I'm getting really tired. I feel like I'm slowly falling asleep.

The guy bowed and sat back down, "Thank you for your response. Pardon for my directness." He said.

"That's all for now! Lastly, our school motto. The great hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said: 'True hero can conquer the misfortunate of life.' Striving to go further beyond. Plus Ultra! Prepare to suffer." He announced.

I was already leaving when he said 'Plus Ultra!' — which is a VERY lame phrase I learnt as a child — to get my coffee.

Let's just get this over with.

—————————————————————————————————————
Author's Note:

two times a week! wow!! this took me a longggg time to write, and when i mean long i mean super long. i copied a ton of the lines from the 3rd episode of season 1 cause i remember barely anything that happened during the beginning of season 1 lols. i hope u enjoyed this chapter, i'll be posting the next one soon!! bye!!

hello, author from the future aka august 8 2022. i plan on finishing rewriting all of this by tonight, so wish me luck.

hello ! this is moira from the future, august 20 2023. i'm not planning to rush so much, so, so sorry if my writing is not constant after this chapter ! thank you for your understandingg