chaper 11 - getting better

As we reached home, it seemed like Hiroki's brain has.. stopped working kind of? Hiroyuki quickly carried our brother onto the living room couch and started finding something. I was watching as my brother Hiroki put his arm next to his ear while waiting for Hiroyuki, as if this has happened before and they know what to do.

Hiroyuki placed the blanket on Hiroki and quickly grabbed his phone.

"Everything's fine, okay? Here, you can watch something from my phone." he reassured Hiroki and gives his phone to him.

Hiroki starts scrolling through a playlist as I watch this scenario taking place.

"Akira! Can you help me by grabbing a glass of water?" my brother asked me, "I need to find something real quick."

"Uh, alright." I respond.

I go to the small kitchen in the living room and grab a glass of water. I walk to the couch on put it on the small table behind the couch, where Hiroki is laying down, and snuck a look on the phone he was using to watch youtube. He was watching some type of children's show? Seeing that it was a cartoon.

Hiroyuki came back from finding something and directly walked to Hiroki.

"Here, chew one of these." he said giving a bottle with small little black circular pill-like things in it.

I tapped on my brother's shoulder and ask him if I could talk with him privately, he nodded and tapped Hiroki's head gently before he followed me into Aia and my shared room. 

As we enter, we can see Aia sleeping on her bed. Thankfully she wasn't awake, she would've asked me a bunch of shit; but it's fine, she's asleep.

"I know it's really none of my business, but what just happened to Hiroki? Because I don't want to assume-" I asked as I was interrupted. 

"No, just stop." he said.

The room went silent.

"You don't need to know anything," the silence broke, "it really is none of your business. I know you asked that out of 'kindness', but just don't. If you really are curious, just ask him."

He left the room and slammed the door, I stood there in silence. Shit, it really is that bad. 

------------------------------------

After showering I left the room and directly went to the kitchen to cook dinner. I see in the corner of my eyes the twins are still in the living room, Hiroyuki is sitting on the ground while watching Hiroki who had already fell asleep on the couch while watching the cartoon.

I glanced at them for a little bit and then right away start to cook dinner.

------------------------------------

The dining table was silent, not even the chewing of our food was heard. I guess it is because it's only Hiroyuki and I eating, Aia and Hiroki were both asleep. After Hiroyuki finished his dinner, he instantly stood up from his chair and was about to go set up his bed.

"Wait up," I spoke to him, "I wanted to sincerely apologize for asking something that seems like a very personal matter for you. I understand that and I shouldn't have asked that."

He looked at me and said, "It's fine. Just don't do that again, it really isn't alright to ask people those kind of questions out of no where."

Hiroyuki then entered the bathroom, and I went to get ready to go to sleep; tomorrow is still a day of the mission so, gotta deal with that.

author's notes:

thank you, thank you, thank you for reading this fanfic! i really hope you all enjoyed reading this, and please don't be afraid to comment some feedback or maybe some of y'alls ideas for this fanfic. i really enjoy reading the comments, and having something to do in my free time during my school break lmao. i hope you all are happy, healthy, and safe. know that you are important to this world and there are so many people who care about you, ily guys. again, thank you for reading. have a great day. 👍

(rewritten august 22 2023)