/21/ The Courage of Disappearing

In a world where everybody wants to be seen and heard, a world full of lovers of self, disappearing is the only way to escape the epidemic of egotism

to be seen and heard,
a world full of lovers of self,
disappearing is the only way to escape
the epidemic of egotism.
Let me remind you,
that you are always loved,
even if the world tried to
reject you.
You don't need to be seen and heard.
You just need to be
still.

/21/ The Courage of Disappearing

[...]

Minsan ba napaisip ka na kung paano kung isang araw bigla ka na lang maglaho? Nobody will ever hear from you again and no one will even know where you went.

It's a real luxury today, to be unreachable in a world of connectivity.

Sa pagkawala ay naroon ang pagtuklas ng totoong kapayapaan.

To disappear from the eyes of scrutiny, that's what Louella and Lysander did. They vanished without any explanations.

They just ran away. They broke free. 

How they did it was easier said than done. It was that moment on the rooftop when both of them realized that if someone above the universe is protecting them, why would they be scared? All it takes was the courage of two things: forgiveness and honesty.

First, forgiveness.

Forgiveness is probably one of the hardest things to do. Most people don't forgive because they're afraid of forgetting, they want to live with the memory of pain. For some, all they have to do is to forgive themselves.

Like Lou.

Maraming tao ang hindi nakakatanto na kung minsan ang tanging kailangan nilang gawin para magpatuloy sa buhay ay patawarin ang kanilang sarili.

Hindi rin naman madali ang magpatawad sa ibang tao, lalo na kung nalaman mo na tinraydor ka ng isang malapit na kaibigan. Katulad nga sa sitwasyon ni Lysander.

They confirmed Raven's affiliation to the insurgents when they talked to Arianne's parents, who knew that a student named Raven befriended their daughter. Since then, Arianne's behavior changed. The parents had no idea that their daughter ran away from home to join the armed rebels, breaking their hearts.

It wasn't easy for Lysander to accept that his dear friend, whom he deeply trusted had never been truthful at all. It's hard for both of them to think that if Raven belonged to the people who threatened them. What was hardest for them was the fact that Raven might be indirectly responsible for Ellon's death.

The next courage they needed was honesty.

Katulad ng kapatawaran, ang isa rin sa pinakamahirap gawin ng isang tao ay ang pagiging totoo sa sarili sa mundo ngayon kung saan lahat ay may kakayahang magbigay ng opinyon sa bawat isa, na kung minsan ay wala nang pakundangan na nakakatapak sa pagkatao ng iba.