/25/ Was It All Meaningless?

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:a time to be born and a time to die,"-From the Book of Ecclesiastes

a time to be born and a time to die,"
-From the Book of Ecclesiastes

/25/ Was it All Meaningless?

[...]

PERHAPS fame, money, and power are not the real measure of a life's worth. Ellon finally accepted the truth that he may have the power to get whatever he wants that there is in this world, but he will never possess a single thing—and that is a person's heart.

He thought that if only he could get the girl of his dreams, he would be content, and lo he did so but much to his big disappointment. Nakuha niya nga ito nang pisikal subalit hindi niya nakamtan ang pag-ibig na inaasam. Louella has no more will on his own because of his enchantment. He made her forget everything and only look at him but it was just a shallow act for he is like a puppeteer pulling her strings.

Subalit may hindi alam si Ellon noon tungkol kay Lou at huli na niyang nalaman at iyon nga ay may karamdaman ito na matagal nang dinadala. It's too late when Ellon found out that she had no more time left, and he also knew that maybe he could heal her—but he couldn't. Not because he didn't want but because he can't.

Ellon somehow understood the cost of saving her life but something inside him was stopping him from doing it. It's not him but the new spirit inside him that gave him his power. It didn't want him to sacrifice for her because he didn't truly love her. He just wanted to possess her and there's a big difference between possessiveness and true love.

Hanggang sa isang araw ay tuluyan nang bumigay ang katawan ni Louella. Gamit ang pera ni Ellon ay dinala niya ang dalaga sa pinakamagaling at pinakamahal na ospital sa kanluran pero hindi pa rin bumuti ang kundisyon nito. That was also the moment that Ellon felt for the first time that his wealth meant nothing. Like stated in the book of Truth, 'Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.'

*****

SAMANTALA, sa kabilang panig ng mundo, hindi pa man gamay ni Lysander ang kanyang kapangyarihan ay tila ginabayan siya ng nilalang sa kanyang loob kung paano makuha ang kanyang matinding pagnanais.

While in a state of confusion because of the unexplainable phenomenon that happened to him, Lysander just found himself inside the hospital room where Louella is. Finally, after many nights full of agony, there he saw the person who gave him the reason to fight to live.

But fate was meant to be cruel in this lifetime because he also made a pact to the little gods who are fickle and full of trickery. Katulad nang ginawa nila kay Ellon, natupad nga ang pagnanais ni Lysander na makita si Louella pero hindi ibig sabihin nito'y mabibigyan siya ng maligayang katapusan.