/23/ Out of Reach Peace

We cannot erase the fact that life is indeed a series of problems

We cannot erase
the fact that life
 is indeed a series
 of problems.
But cheer up,
because life is
 also about
overcoming it.
You're not only meant
to struggle,
but to be
alive
and free.

/23/ Out of Reach Peace

[...]

WHY are you so scared to live? That was the question in Louella's head every time she remembers how fearful and anxious, she was before.

Indeed, the saying 'this too shall pass' is true. Lumipas na ang makulimlim na ulap sa kanyang buhay at napalitan muli ng pagsikat ng araw, hindi ba't gano'n naman ang buhay? A one big cycle of circumstances, minsan mahirap, minsan masaya, minsan nakakaiyak, minsan nakakatawa.

When they left, they chose what to bring along with them and what to throw behind. Louella threw away the life of vanity and fame, her fake friends, and the materialistic society that she hates. She just decided one day that she's done chasing the wrong things.

Lou totally forgotten about the mystical bird called Alpas, in her mind, she believed that it was just all a fairytale. Kahit na ilang beses niyang na-witness sa Mt. Itum ang himalang nangyari ay natabunan lahat ng 'yon ng mga nangyari.

After all, she already found what it meant to break free from the past, and she learned how to rise above all her obstacles.

Even though Lou overcame it all, it didn't mean that she stopped working hard. The struggles of life didn't stop and will never be. She knew that fact, and that's why she kept moving forward.

May mga pagkakataon na naninibago siya dahil malaking adjustment ang tumira sa isang bansang hindi mo naman kinalakihan at makisalamuha sa mga banyagang ibang-iba ang kultura. Sinikap ni Lou na makibagay dahil siya ang bagong salta.

Bukod do'n, dahil sa wala na siya sa Pilipinas at tinalikuran na niya ang buhay ng kasikatan, kinailangan niyang maghanap ng part-time job para makatulong sa panggastos niya sa pag-aaral dahil hindi biro ang laki ng tuition fee niya.

She's working at a small café near the university where's she's studying. Fortunately, her boss and co-workers were far from the racist ones she encountered, they're all kind ang gentle to her. Kaya nakatagal si Lou sa kanila ng six months kahit na pinipilit na siya ng mommy niya na mag-resign.

"You don't need to work, anak," sabi sa kanya noon ng kanyang ina. "We can provide for you here. Concern mo ba 'yung bills sa hospital? Don't worry kasi nagwo-work do'n ang ate mo at mailalakad niya na makakuha ng discount."

"'My, ayoko naman po na umasa lang palagi sa mga ate at kuya ko pati po sa inyo, gusto ko pong makatulong kahit hindi gano'n kalaki 'yung sweldo ko sa café," sagot naman niya.

Besides, she had already grown fond of her workmates. Though it sounds strange, but she felt connection to those strangers, kahit na magkaiba pa ang mga lahi nila'y noon lang siya nakatagpo ng gano'n. She never found her job mundane, for she learned that in mundane things she found contentment.