28

I'm not supposed to post today but I'm travelling for 2 weeks so I don't know how often I'll be able to update!! Actually, I'll likely be able to on Sunday but weekdays are not so sure cuz i'm going to be working. Anywho!!!
Love y'all. Hope you have a great weekend <33

————

January 2019

The New Year's Eve party went by smoothly that year. Taylor dressed up as Ariel from The Little Mermaid and honestly, it was quite hard for Kaia to keep her eyes off her, let alone her hands all night long. Taylor just looked incredible in that mermaid dress that hugged her body just right. And frankly... yeah, the red wig was really doing it for her.

Kaia herself went as Buttercup from the Powerpuff girls, matching perfectly with Anna and Emilia who dressed up as Blossom and Bubbles respectively. In her tight green dress, well, she did believe she looked really good as well.

Hell, both dresses were strewn on the floor of their bedroom haphazardly when everyone had more or less fizzled out of the apartment once the party had started dying out.

Mica had crashed on the couch that year, too drunk to even make it to the guest room upstairs, but it wasn't so bad when Luca had crashed right behind him. The model turned out to be quite fun and pretty decent and yeah, Kaia admitted he was easy on the eyes. More importantly, though, Mica seemed really happy and as long as he wasn't a dick to her best friend, he was an okay guy and she wouldn't mind his presence.

They woke up sometime in the afternoon the next morning and freshened up and by the time the cleaning service they had hired had come and gone, leaving the Manhattan apartment spotless, the only pictures that had made it online were the ones they had posted themselves. It was quite the relief considering the last party they had thrown that was this big had almost ruined their lives.

And none of the pictures had Taylor's engagement ring in them. It would have matched her outfit perfectly, Kaia had thought, but they hadn't told anyone yet, and Taylor certainly did not want to risk the whole world finding out without them having a say in it.

By the time they had made it onto Taylor's jet the next evening and were on their way to her mother's house in Nashville, Taylor had yet to return it onto her finger. Kaia didn't want to press her on the matter. She knew Taylor just didn't want to accidentally have another encounter with the paparazzi while she had it on, and she probably didn't want to be wearing it in her mother's presence before surprising her with the big news.

But still, every time Kaia glanced over at her on the plane, or during the car ride from the airport, every time Taylor would absentmindedly reach for her hand, Kaia would be hyperaware of the fact that her ring finger was very bare. And she would feel her insides twist just the tiniest bit tighter every time.

Taylor hadn't mentioned anything yet to Andrea on the second day and they were only going to be staying for three days. Kaia had to get back to rehearsals and Taylor had to be in the studio and in Cat school (Kaia mocked her endlessly for it but deep down, she was immensely proud of Taylor for getting the role). They had a hectic schedule ahead of them. This was Taylor's only chance to tell her family if she wanted to do it in person and she seemed to have been stalling as much as possible.

Kaia could have intervened at any point, she could have cleared her throat at breakfast and at dinner and she could have said that they had some big news, but she wasn't going to do that to Taylor. Sure, the news involved her just as much, but it was also absolutely Taylor's call to tell her parents. Still, it didn't mean that it wasn't starting to irritate Kaia.