34

cough cough... anyone order a, uh... it says here... a top kaia???

———

Kaia glanced at her schedule for a second, eyebrows furrowed before getting up and sitting on the other side of the dining table where Taylor had her own computer and files set up.

She chuckled under her breath when she saw the tab she had open (a Pinterest board of wedding preparations) and swiped on the mousepad to change windows.

"Why are you in my seat?" Taylor asked as she returned from the kitchen, a mug with a teabag string dangling off the edge in each hand. She put one of them in front of Kaia and leaned down to kiss the top of her head and figure out what she was doing on her computer. "Why are you checking my calendar?"

Kaia let out a dry laugh and turned around to smile tightly at Taylor. "Because remember when we were talking with Emma and she thought it'd be best to sync our calendars and we told her we were going to do it and never did because, well, we always get sidetracked, and well... look!"

"What? Did we schedule something on our wedding day?" Taylor chuckled jokingly, knowing that that day in particular was off limits along with the whole week following their wedding ceremony for a short honeymoon before Taylor's big album release.

"No, but you're going to be performing on the Graham Norton show next week, on the 23rd of May," Kaia told her, pointing at that date in particular.

"Yes, I'm aware. I'm in rehearsals all day. I've got a bunch of performances lined up—"

"Darling," Kaia interrupted her, placing a gentle hand on her arm. "Will you please bring my laptop over?"

Taylor put her mug down so she could carry the other computer but as she was walking back over, she zoomed in on the screen, her eyes widening in realisation.

"Babe, you're doing an interview on the Graham Norton Show on May 23rd!" Taylor exclaimed, turning the screen around to show her.

"Babe, I know!" Kaia responded mockingly. "Oh my god, do you think Emma and Tree realise?"

"Obviously not," Taylor snorted, putting the laptop on the table and slowly sitting down next to Kaia. "What are we going to do about this?"

Kaia placed her hand in Taylor's, absentmindedly fiddling with her fingers, specifically her engagement ring. "I don't know. I guess I'm going to call Emma to tell her—"

"Well— wait," Taylor said, lacing their fingers together. She had a little amused smile on her face, one that made Kaia extra suspicious. "What if we didn't mention it to them...?"

"They're going to notice pretty soon anyway," Kaia mentioned. "Or at least, I hope they will."

"They haven't yet. They'll realise when it's announced online in a few days but, they haven't realised yet!" Taylor replied, a lot more relaxed about this situation than she should have been.

"One of us is going to have to back out. We can't both appear on the same talk show on the same day, sitting on the same couch, on live television."

"It's pre-recorded," Taylor pointed out, her grin widening.

"Yes, but there's an audience and cameras and— the internet is about to blow-up. One of us has to cancel, even if it's last minute," Kaia huffed, and Taylor could see from her wrinkled expression that she was about to suggest that she do it.  

"Why do we have to?" Taylor asked in a serious tone. "For real. Why do we have to? I have an album to promote, and you have a show to promote— the whole cast is gonna be there, so it would be really dumb if you cancelled. And I don't wanna cancel."