4 Weeks later

It was four weeks since you lost a friend, it was unfortunate for everyone, Y/N had his friends by his side, supporting him for defending the kingdom. Today though, Y/N was busy training, he decided to keep the punching bag and use it for throwing punches. Everyday, he's grown stronger and wiser. After a day of training, you went to go sit down on the roof of the castle, you gaze at the sunset until you hear someone coming up.

Y/N: Who's there?

Melony: Hey Y/N.

Y/N: Hey Melony.

She came up and sat down next to you, rubbing your hand.

Melony: You've been training so long now, but what exactly are you training for?

Y/N: To keep everyone safe, I don't wanna lose anymore friends or family...or you.

She looked at you with sympathy, she hates seeing you thinking about that time.

Melony: Axol would very be proud of you, he'd want you to keep everyone safe.

You smile softly.

Y/N: Thank you.

Melony nods.

Melony: Hey, can I ask you something?

Y/N: Sure, what is it?

Melony: Do you..maybe wanna go on another date?...since we didn't get to finish our first one, maybe the second ones the charm..if that's what couples say..

Y/N: Of course! Being with you is like heaven.

She blushed and kissed you.

Melony: You're so sweet..has anyone ever told you that?

Y/N: Once, but she's gone, hope to never see her again.

Melony: Oh...who was this girl?

Y/N: *Sigh* I-..it's a bit complicated..

Melony puts a hand on your cheek, caressing it.

Melony: You don't have to explain, I just wanna help you.

Y/N: I know..I'll explain later on.

Melony: Okay, so, wanna go and see what's in the kingdom?

Y/N: Of course.

The two leave, hand in hand and ready to browse through the kingdom. Beta and Skully look from above the castle to see you two.

Skully: Man, it's good to see him happy.

Beta: You're telling me, I'm glad that bitch dumped him, all she did was use him for her own gain, he deserves better, and he got better.

Skully: That seems a bit much, but yeah, him and her are great together.

Beta:...so, should we tell him?

Skully: We'll, wait, can't tell him now.

———

Melony: This place is beautiful..

Y/N: Yep, it sure is.

You look through and see E.Gadd.

Y/N: E.Gadd?! Are you alright?!

E.Gadd: Oh, don't worry about me Y/N, that attack could've been worse, I'm just glad I'm still alive and kicking.

Y/N: Well thank god.

E.Gadd: Say, where is that weird thing?

Y/N: Across the seas, why?

E.Gadd: Just making sure that weird creature stays far away from here.

Y/N: Well don't worry, it won't bother you anymore.

E.Gadd: What a relief, well, I won't interrupt your evening, have some fun Y/N.

Y/N: Thanks E.Gadd, stay safe.

He waved goodbye and leaves with a little smile on his face. You and Melony continue on your adventure to the park, where you requested you wanted to show her something cool. Out in the grass field with a bunch of little bugs.

Melony: This place is peaceful, you have great taste.

Y/N: Thank you, I wanted to show you a little magic.

Melony was a bit confused.

Melony: Magic?

Y/N: Yep, watch this.

You brush your hand out in the field, and those little bugs started to glow and fly upward gently. This amazed Melony as she stared in awe.

Melony: Wow....

Y/N: It's amazing..isn't it?

Melony: I can see why you chose this place now...

Y/N: Here, wanna try?

Melony: Sure.

She copied what you did, grazing her hand over the grass, and the bugs, now known as fireflies flew upward.

Melony: This is so cool! What are they?

Y/N: They're fireflies.

Melony: Wow...

After that amazing experience, you led her to the old oak tree, where you stare at the stars and sometimes, the moon.

You both sat down and watch the stars.

Y/N: This is where I go to get rid of any stress I've been bottling up, I've stopped using it..since you know..I've never had the time to do so.

Melony: I see, so you've been sad?

Y/N: Yeah..I've had a rough past, about that girl.

Melony listened carefully.

Y/N: So, there was my old girlfriend, E/N, she and I used to go on dates, but for some reason, she decided I wasn't good enough and left me, no matter how much it hurt, I still buried that awful feeling, hoping tomorrow will be better, but unfortunately, it just gets worse, thinking about her is inevitable.

Melony could've sworn her heart shattered, she wanted to help you out with your ex problem, so, she did what any lovable girlfriend would do.

She brought you in for a kiss, you enjoyed it, it was like your stress meter got drained immediately. After the kiss, she gently laid your head on her chest, listening to her heartbeat.

Melony: I want you to know, that no matter how stressed you are, don't think about her, she's in the past, and I wanna make sure you put the past behind you, you're one of the best friends- No, best boyfriends a girl could ever wish for, Axol sacrificed so much for us and our friends, and you made sure his death wasn't in vein.

You smile.

Y/N: Thank you.

Melony: You're welcome Y/N.

She kissed your head and stroked your hair as you slowly doze off.

(Gotta love them fireflies)