Joke guy | 8

As soon as Jungkook left the hall to take a shower, his mother turns towards Taehyung. Now she can talk freely to Taehyung in absence of her son.

"Taehyung, can I ask you something?" She asks as she finally gets the chance. There were a lot of queries running through her mind that she wanted to clarify with Taehyung and not her son. For a reason, she knew that Jungkook would never answer her questions nor take her advice seriously. He was always the stubborn one, a hard nut to crack.

"Yeah sure, Mrs Jeon," Taehyung asks as he keeps his bowl of ramyun aside. He wanted to have a good impression on her, of course, anyone would like to impress their boyfriend's mom and he wasn't an exception either.

"How is everything in Jungkook's life?"

"Everything is great Mrs Jeon." He gives her a warm smile.

"Is he seeing someone? You are his friend and I suppose you might be knowing everything."

Taehyung blankly stares at her. Of course, she doesn't know anything about you all. She doesn't know that Jungkook came out of the closet. Taehyung knew his mother would have these questions but he is not the right person to answer those for Jungkook.

"Well, I don't think so." He says with an awkward smile.

"How is everything with Taeyeon? I wanted to meet her but she is not available."

"Yeah, she has some club activities." He responds. "She is doing well."

Mrs Jeon stares at Taehyung for a couple of seconds, "Well, what do you think about Jungkook and Taeyeon?"

Taehyung was stunned by the question. "Meaning?"

He saw her face light up as if she was excited about something. "Taeyeon has been with Jungkook since school. She is the only female friend of Jungkook now. I was wondering if they have something going on between them. Moreover, I like her. I am okay if they go out. I would be more than happy because they look cute together."

That's when Taehyung's heart broke into pieces, of course, his mother would think about Jungkook and you. Why would she ask him to date her son? Even Taehyung knows that Jungkook and you have been very close to each other before his arrival. He knew for a reason that things would change someday and that he won't be a part of you all. That shit haunts him.

"Aa... Well.. that is something Jungkook should decide... I cannot comment-"

"That is where you come Taehyung-ah. I want you to put things in his mind. Bring them closer."

Taehyung nods. "I will try." He smiles as a formality.

"And please don't tell Jungkook about our little conversation because he won't like it."

Taehyung nods.

+

"Taehyung, there are plenty of chairs available. Why don't you sit and drink your tea comfortably?" Namjoon suggests Taehyung who was drinking tea at the counter. He also saw that the male was gloomy since he came. There must be something wrong he sensed.

"It doesn't matter Namjoon," Taehyung responded with a low tone.

"Did you fight?" He asks the male who finished drinking his tea, now he tosses the mug in the bin.

"Nah, but I am hurt."

"I hope you heal," Namjoon responds as he removes his apron. His shift ended and he was preparing to leave as the other guy take over.