Notebook and demons

I haven't been out in a week. Calum has came a few times but left pretty soon because I wouldn't pay any attention to him. I'd zoned out every time he spoke, I wouldn't really look at him.

I had a tiny bit of anger towards him for taking me over to his friends house, but I was just basically embarrassed. I felt so stupid, like the way I acted towards what Michael asked me was just exaggeration. But I couldn't help it, it hasn't been that long and it still hurts, and gets to me.

I feel like Calum should know what happened. He deserved to, doesn't he? But I feel like I haven't known kik long enough to just open up to him about my life. But Calum's different. I feel like I could trust him though. He tries so hard just to be my friend, but I just don't understand why, so I feel like I should tell him. I want to be his friend, but I just don't want to get hurt again. I don't want to open up to him, just for him to hurt me in the end, and to have me regret everything I've done with him and told him.

▪️ Calum's point of view ▪️

I don't get why Danielle won't even bother to talk to me. I get Michael was being a dumbass and opened his big mouth to say what he said to her, but she just overreacted, I get he might've touched a touchy topic, but the least she could've done was tell me she was hurt. But instead she just ignored me and muted me out, which hurt me on my part.

Today I decided to give her one more try, and if she didn't want to tell me anything, well I was gonna leave her alone, for good. I care for her, I really do, even if I don't even know everything about her, I care for her. Something inside me tells me to keep trying to break her walls, but it's so so hard considering she can ignore me so easily, but I don't want to give up on her, but I'm so close too.

I drove up to her house only to see her dad outside watering his front yard. I parked my car, while doing so catching Mr. Fields attention, and sending me a smile, and got out of my car walking up to him.

"Hello, Mr. Fields. Mind if I try talking to Danielle again?" I asked, with a smile on my face. He looked at me before smiling softly at me, before speaking.

"Y'know Calum.. words cannot describe how thankful I am for you. Danielle hasn't had a friend in so long, it's hurt me seeing her so upset. But then when you came in, she's been smiling so much lately to the point it hurts my heart, in a good way of course, that she's so damn happy. And it's all because of you. And all I can simply ask is that, please don't hurt her, she's been through so much enough, ever since the incident, she just hasn't been the same, and then you came along, and she's slowly starting to become herself again. So please, please keep doing what you're doing." And with that, Danielle's dad, just engulfs me into a hug, as a few tears start to stream down his face. But all I could think of is, what incident?

Danielle's point of view ▪
I was drawing. I drew what I felt, and expressed with words written on the side.

Right now, I felt; mad. Mad because Calum hasn't came yet, and even though I knew I was just going to ignore him, I wanted him here. He's been the only company I had in such a long time, besides my dad.

On the notebook in front of me was the drawing I was working on right now. I never really thought about what to draw, I would just let my hand and the pencil work on their own.

Before I knew it, there was a male and a female. The female was on the males back, his eyes were squinted shut with a large smile on his face. The girl had a smirk with her eyes wide open but I had shaded her eyes in dark. Her whole eye was black.
Show me your demons

Before I even got to continue and possibly make this drawing scary, there was a knock to my door, making me jump in fright and threw the notebook in the air, it fell to the floor, right in front of my door.
"Danielle?" Calum said and opened the door At the same time. My heart beats so fast and I felt small tears forming in the brim of her eye but I held them back when the relief flooded my body, knowing it was just Calum. He opened the door wide and stood there looking down at the notebook on the floor then back up to her. I was scared when Calum picked up the notebook.
"Woah, you drew this?" He asked as he looked at the current drawing in awe.
I avoided eye contact and stayed still and silent. "Is this supposed to be you and I?" He pointed and stared intently at the drawing. I wouldn't want to be cocky or anything but I was quite an artist. My drawings were practically real life. People would say they were unbelievable.
He was about to keep going through the notebook until I reached for my closest stuffed animal and threw it at him with all the force I had to knock the notebook out of his grasp.
She had things in there he couldn't see.

"I kinda want to ask you something."

Cliffhanger LOL.
Once again special thanks to the queen herself heyhoran for like helping sooo mucho with this chapter and hope y'all enjoy! ❤️❤️ily g
Btw sorry for it being short )):