chapter one

"It's just once, Ari," Sarang persuaded

"It's just once, Ari," Sarang persuaded. "You stay at home way too much than you should"

"Yeah, but I don't see the point of going to a club where girls are half-naked and swooning over men," Lee Ari contradicted.

"It'll be fine," Kang Sarang said, frustrated. "Just trust me on this one"

Ari sighed, "I'll think about it"

"I'll take that as a yes," Sarang said, skipping a stone.

The morning breeze gushed through them, swaying their hair backward as they enjoyed their coffees. The two girls gazed at the flock of birds shrieking above them. Lee Ari sighed, thinking of the good old days when she would come out on little dates like these with her boyfriend.

But it was only a matter of time before her clear sky fell with dark clouds once again.

"What are you doing after school today?" Ari asked, distracting herself from thoughts that could neither put her in a good mood nor let her cry in front of her best friend.

"I dunno," Sarang said, sipping from her drink. "probably going to Hyejin's house. They're having a business opening party and they invited my dad. As much as I don't want to go, I can't upset that kid of a girl"

Ari hummed in response. "Good luck, though, with trying to convince Hyejin's dad about how pineapple pizzas are a torture to humankind"

"Oh gosh," Sarang laughed. "Don't even get me started on that"

"I know," Ari chuckled. "He never agrees on that, even though he's never even tried pineapple pizzas"

"And they'll probably have pineapple pizzas at the party!" exclaimed Sarang. "Oh boy, I don't feel like going anymore now"

Ari laughed at her friend. This was just one of those times when the two of them had nothing to do, and so, went out on "walks of solitude" as Sarang liked to call them.

They had been together since they even learned to speak. The two girls always took each other's problems as their own, no matter what it was. They advised each other on school, family problems, guy issues, and whatever else you could name.

The duo became a group of four in high school, and right till the present, loved each other more than lovers and pulled out hair from each others' heads at the same time.

Ari and Sarang heard a bell roar in the distance and decided it was time for them to leave the refreshing place.

"Uni is the last place I want to be right now," Ari groaned, as they made their way towards their class.

"Even though biology is interesting," Sarang continued. "I just want to run away sometimes"

"Agreed," Ari nodded. "I like astronomical physics too, but these days, I just feel like I want a break. From everything"

"That's why I'm asking you to come to the club," Sarang said, eyes lighting up. "It's a much-needed break in this hell of a college"

Ari sighed. There was no backing up now. "Fine"

***

Ari and Sarang walked outside the classrooms respectively and met each other in the hallway, to be joined by two other girls.

"Mr. Choi is probably the oldest and the most boring teacher in the university," Lim Chaewon complained. "He's been saying for the past three years that he's going to retire in the next year. But the "next year" never comes"

"It's still my first year with him but he is just as annoying," Park Hyejin chimed in.

"Anyways," the oldest, Chaewon said. "Don't want to end our day talking about some old fogey, do we?"

"Yes," Sarang agreed. "Which reminds me, do you two wanna come to the club this Friday? Ari has already agreed"

"I was forced," Ari mumbled.

"That," Hyejin said. "Is a very good idea"

"I'm in," Chaewon approved.

Sarang turned toward Ari and gave her the I-win-you-loose smile. "You can't back out now, Lee Ari"

first chapter reviews here ^_^