chapter ten

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-flashback-

"Happy Valentine's Day, babe!"

"Oh, Jakey! You didn't have to spend so much money on me. I feel bad about the gift I gave you"

"It's fine as long as I have you every day by my side"

"Stop being cheesy"

"No," the male goofed. He pulled the girl closer to him and kissed her neck, as she struggled from laughter.

After almost perishing from giggling, Ari cuddled into his arms and he stroked her hair. "What do you want to do today?" He asked, hugging her tiny curled-up body.

"I wanna be in your arms all day," Ari spoke and then hid her face in his chest from embarrassment.

The boy chuckled. "Whatever my girl wants"

-end of flashback- 

Ari woke up with a start, breathing heavily and beads of sweat trickling down her face. Her arms instantly went to the nightstand beside her bed and she picked up her phone.

14th February. 5:45 am.

She sighed with her face in her palms. The memory had been haunting her for three years in a row, today being the fourth. Today was, in fact, their fourth breakup anniversary after all. How could the universe let her forget it and be happy for once? The yearly reminders of their breakup just couldn't leave her side.

She decided she would see the outside world on this happy day since she was inside the four walls of her room for more than forty-eight hours now. She got out of bed with much effort, remembering her self-injured foot, and hopped to the bathroom.

She slapped her face with cold ice water, telling her brain to come out of the delusional thoughts it had created for her, which made her want to stay in her small bubble of thoughts all day long. After a cold shower, which she hated, she threw some thick clothes on her freezing body. Being a huge fan of hoodies and sweatshirts, they were all she could find in her closet.

The three other rooms were still shut, which meant none of the girls were awake. Ari left a note for them on the kitchen island, telling them not to worry and her whereabouts.

She grabbed her headphones and put on some indie music, since it suited the weather outside and made her want to eat the songs (and then she questioned her sanity on the initial thought).

The icy winds of February soaked her skin as she stepped out of the dorm building. The sky was still dark and depressing (which she loved) and the activity of birds chirping was minimal. Most of the curtains of houses were still drawn, people wanting to stay inside their cozy blankets, escaping from the morning coldness.