chapter eight

" 'cause when you left I lost myself"

~#~

"I think I'll come," Ari said, her legs folded on the bed as she watched her friends get ready to go to another one of their club nights. "But I still don't get how you guys are not sick of it"

"It's funnn~," Hyejin said as she brushed her short brown hair. "There are so many hot people, it's just hard to miss them out"

"Agweed," Sarang chimed in, her mouth full of food. "Especially that Sunoo guy, he's so cute I think I might die. I hope he's there tonight"

"Since when did you start simping over him?" Chaewon raised an eyebrow at the younger one.

"Since our first encounter at their club," Sarang beamed happily as if telling her mom about her first day at school. "And he's too ethereal when he walks. Oh gosh, I think I died thinking about it"

"Oh?" Chaewon seemed interested in Sarang's narration. "Tell me more. What did you do in the club?"

"Oh, nothing much, just drank wine in an abandoned room and then made out-," Sarang interrupted herself, realizing Chaewon's intentions.

"I MEAN-," She started, but Chaewon yelled at her, saying she was too young for kissing and being alone in rooms with boys, even though she was twenty years old.

"Stop controlling her, Eonnie," Ari articulated as if she were drained by the drama. "She's old enough to take care of herself"

"Yeah!" Sarang threw in her defense along with Ari's statement. "And I saw you with that Jay boy too!" Which only received another chase by Chaewon. The two other girls exchanged yawning looks which meant nothing could be done about those two.

After ages of bickering and fighting, the girls drove to the club, this time a public one. All of them, looking appealing, casually walked inside, chatting and exchanging tea, when they realized they walked in on a couple making out. They apologized instantly and walked in a different direction.

The room was lit in vibrant colors and drinks were being served. After paying for the night, they all parted ways, some met up with their old friends and others were scouted by handsome-looking men to the dance floor.

And as usual, Ari was all alone, the decision left to her to decide what to do next. She thought of exploring the building before going to the food area to fill her always-hungry tummy.

As Ari walked around the area, she realized one thing; the people had never met each other before in their lives. They were seen exchanging numbers and having formal talks, and making promises to meet up again. Some even started making out after getting drunk together. Overall the atmosphere was passionate and exuberant, and the chances of running into someone you knew were low.