chapter six

"does it ever drive you crazy, just how fast the night changes?" 

~#~

"Another party?!" Ari asked, astounded. "Didn't we just go to one last week?"

"We did, but there's another one in which cute boys are coming!" Sarang whined to her friends.

"Sarang, my darling Sarang," Lim Chaewon said in a calm, authoritative voice. "Stop looking for love so desperately. It will come to you at the right time, from the right person"

"I'm not looking for love, Eonnie!" Sarang said frustratingly. "I just love going to parties, and I'd appreciate any gain from it. But I'm not desperate!"

"Okay calm," Hyejin, the youngest, said, patting the older one's cheeks. "We'll go with you if that's what makes you happy"

"What, no!" Ari exclaimed. "My social battery is drained out. I'm not going, you guys go"

And so they did. Lee Ari was left alone in the dorm the next day, and being a national holiday, she had nothing to do and nowhere to go. She decided to visit the rooftop again, hoping for some entertainment.

She was loving the view and the birds that occasionally came and sat on her head, when someone called her name, again.

But this time, it was not Lee Heeseung.

"'Sup?" the Australian waved from the rooftop of the building in front.

"Hey," she waved at him, cursing at herself for coming. "I didn't know you and Heeseung lived in the same dorm"

"We do. There are seven of us," he replied. He was in a white shirt with wet hair that made Ari lose her focus on the conversation.

"Dang, that must be messy," Ari managed to say, keeping her eyes on the sky.

Jake laughed. "It's mostly Riki that's messy. But yeah, if you look at it that way, it is messy"

She smiled at him. She couldn't understand how it was so easy for him to talk after three years of despising her and doing everything in the world to stay away from her. But here they were, talking like long-lost friends.

"Did you get transferred here?" Ari asked. "Because I've never seen you around in the university"

"Yeah, my dad transferred his business here," Jake answered. "What's your major?"

"Astronomical physics, what about you?"

"Oh, that's me as well"

"So what are you doing today? I don't see company with you," the boy said after a few seconds of silence.