chapter twelve

Our usual day began with gossip over the latest couple in the university and the bad boy gang getting into another one of their troubles

Our usual day began with gossip over the latest couple in the university and the bad boy gang getting into another one of their troubles. Though it was just Sarang, Hyejin, and Chaewon doing the talking and me pretending like I was interested.

But today, I was on a different mission than most mornings.

"Ari?" A familiar voice called out from behind me. The rhythmic clicking of boots advanced to me. Park Jay smiled at me with his hands dug deep inside his pockets, curled up in a fist.

"What are you doing in front of our dorm?" Jay's melodic voice was something no woman could find unattractive, and the butterflies in my stomach were acceptable, given the proximity between us.

"Oh, um..." I struggled to find words, which would have easily flown out as bullets if it were Heeseung The Ultimate Asshole in front of me. "I'm here for the project, with, um, Sunghoon and Heeseung"

A small smile played on his lips as he placed his hand on my waist. "Give me the honor of accompanying you"

"Sure," I gave out an awkward chuckle, letting the gentle hands lead me.

The boys' dorm, which was right in front of the girls', seemed worse inside than it did outside. There were leaky pipes thrown around on the corridors, half-broken door frames, and of course, underwear lying on the railing pipes of the corridor.

"I'm sorry, don't mind the mess. It's usually not this bad, but since we've got the building being renovated, everyone has been throwing their trash around."

Jay's frantic explanation made me give out a chuckle. "It's alright, I'm sure you guys' dorm has habitable air"

Which was where I was wrong. Heeseung's room was no less than the trash can; his clothes were hung over the giant mirror, there were beer bottles underneath his sheets, his shoes were hung on the window stills by their laces, and God alone knew what went wrong with this man during his birth.

"Are you suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder?" I questioned Heeseung as the boy hastily put his mess under his bed.

"Guess who is the reason," he asked, at which I scoffed.

"Be nice to women, dude," Sunghoon said, entering the room with his laptop and notebooks. "Especially pretty women"

"Someone finally understands me. Thank you Sunghoon"

"Stop giving her false hope, man," Heeseung said, dusting his hands after putting his clothes in the laundry bag. "You'll upset the kid when she finds out she's average"

"Says the one with grapes for eyes. I get it. It's hard for you to understand beauty when you barely understand calculus."

"Are you comparing my divine knowledge with your common face? Do you realize you happen to be standing in front of the class topper?"

I gave out a sarcastic chuckle. "Sure, hon. Whatever lets you sleep better at night"

Heeseung's big doe eyes glared daggers at me, and if it weren't for Sunghoon holding him back, he would have pounced at me like a hungry lion, and this time maybe he would've pressed my throat a little harder.

"Alright stop," Sunghoon sighed after pushing Heeseung on his butt on his bed. "Can't you both be diplomatic for once? Especially you, Heeseung"

"Hey, she was the one who started it!"

"Well, he almost killed me once!"

I curled my fists into a tight ball and glowered at the bonehead in front of me. He had the audacity to emotionally abuse me subsequently after physically abusing me, and I wouldn't let that happen without pouncing back at him. The prettier girls might fear him and simp over him, but I wasn't going to be another one of his targets to bully and use.

"Be grateful I didn't take your life. You very well know I have the power to do so," Heeseung smirked, his stupid grin boiling my blood.

I took a few steps towards him to curse his existence, but another figure stood in front of me, blocking my view. I looked up to see a furious Sunghoon, and I had to say, I hadn't seen someone more irked than him. His siren eyes glared down at my timid structure, and his furrowed forehead was shadowed by his silky black hair.

Sunghoon turned on his heel and probably gave the same look to Heeseung, who had stopped snickering on meeting eyes with him.

"Are we done?" Sunghoon asked, turning to me. I hastily nodded my head and Heeseung muttered a lazy yes.

We started working on our project, putting together ideas and plans for the fresher's party happening in a month. We had signed up for the games activities and were required to innovate creative games that didn't bore the first-year kids given their attention span of three-year-olds, and managed to get us the trophy.

Two hours later, I excused myself for a water break, with Heeseung squinting his eyes as if I would steal his inheritance documents. Walking through the extensive hallway of the dorm, I lead myself toward the open yet elegant kitchen. As I advanced nearer, muffled sounds reached my ears, making me stop in my tracks. Sounds that I was too familiar with, and dreaded and despised at the same time.

He was with yet another girl. She sat on the countertop with her legs wrapped around his waist, her button-up shirt half undone. She nibbled on his neck, sucking and biting the sensitive skin, concealing her identity from me. His soft groans ricochetted through the small enclosure, making my nails dig a little deeper and my heart break a little harder.

"Just how many girls have you hooked up with this week, Jake?" I revealed myself from the shadows of the hallway, startling them both. The truth was, I didn't know she was a different girl than the one in the club; I was too petty and jealous to not spoil his spicy moment with her, something that he had promised would only be mine. Her being a different girl played right into my revenge.

The girl looked at me with a staggering face. Jake's deceived eyes were hard to meet, though they seemed broken from my precedent action.

"What does she mean?" the girl questioned Jake, unfurling her legs from his waist. Jake's panic could be seen on his enchanting, perfect face.

A small smirk played on my lips when Jake's hurt eyes met mine. I turned around and walked away with weak knees and a heavy heart, leaving him alone to deal with the bomb I had just dropped on his petty, yet intriguing life.

I wished him the worst, even though my heart screamed his name and my teary eyes begged to see the sight of him. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YO GURL IS BACK (partially) 

I'm still busy with exams so updates will be slow 😭😭

rate this chapter cause i forgot how to write