chapter three

"Ari!" Chaewon yelled, chasing after her

"Ari!" Chaewon yelled, chasing after her. "You can't wear hoodies to a party!"

"Why not!" Ari yelled back. "It's just a party"

"It's a party," Chaewon said, grabbing Ari's arm. "You need to wear something sexy"

"For what?! I don't intend to seduce boys, they're boring."

"Stop complaining and asking so many questions, you douchebag," Chaewon said. "Put on this dress!"

"NO!"

"Seriously, you both look like mother and daughter fighting over a dress," Sarang remarked with her chin in her palms, occasionally throwing candies in her mouth.

"I have a strong urge to record this," Park Hyejin said. "And post it on our school's website"

"Shut up, you two," Chaewon said, panting from chasing the younger girl. "ARI!"

***

"Is this the place?" Hyejin asked as they got out of the car.

They were standing in front of an old building. It was decorated with neon string lights in front of which the four girls looked like pink-and-blue aliens.

Loud hip-hop music played from inside, almost too loud. The air had cool moisture mixed with the smell of alcohol and smoke.

"This is your choice, Sarang?" Ari asked. She wore a short, red dress with a back cut exposing most of her skin. She had black heels on, which made her look even taller than the rest. Her short, black hair swayed along with the wind.

"This is where we are invited," Sarang said. "We do not complain about our hosts or their house, ladies"

"This is a haunted house," Chaewon stated. "I'm guessing our hosts are the ghosts"

"Who invited us, anyway?" Ari asked as the girls walked toward the creepy building.

"Some really handsome men," Sarang said nonchalantly. "You're gonna love them"

"I hate men"

Sarang knocked on the old, rusty door. The knock faded under the loud hip-hop music playing inside. Sarang knocked again and this time, the door opened, revealing a boy about their age.

He had several piercings on his ear that were shadowed by his silver-blonde hair. He had fox-like eyes that stared deeply at the four girls.

"Welcome," the boy said, smiling, which Ari swore was the cutest she had seen.

"Lower the volume of your music, Sunoo," Sarang said as they walked in. "We had to knock, like, ten times for you to finally open."

"Shut up, it was only two," the fox-eyed boy said, leading them inside the house which was now blasting with electronic music mixed with R&B.