•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞•

...

....

.....

Darkness... Yet there seems to be a commotion... The sensation of burning hot flames... Unfamiliar voices... What... What are they...

A giant flaming beast... Five people fighting it... Or...where there more...?

...

....

.....

BANG

The sound of something hitting a wooden board...

BANG

What's that noise...? Aether thought to himself... He opened his eyes, his vision seemingly still shrouded in darkness. Where...where was he?

"I better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." An unfamiliar voice muffled somewhere in front of Aether. The traveler just realized the sudden crapped space he was in... How did he even get here...? Wasn't he at Windrise just now with his friends? "Urgggh... This lid weighs a ton!" The voice grunted. "Try this on for size! Mya-ha!"

Before Aether had time to gather his panicked thoughts, the wooden lid of his coffin suddenly burst and burned open, startling him and making him tell in surprise. "BWAAH?!?!" He covered face with his arm to prevent the flames from coming close contact with his skin.

"Now to grab the goods..." The voice said, much more clearer now to Aether. A black cat with blue flames coming out of its ears hopped onto the floating coffin. It's eyes met Aether's as the cat like demon jumped back in surprise. "What?! You ain't supposed to be awake!" It exclaimed loudly.

"Ah...um...a...uh... talking weasel...?" Aether began. Although he wasn't too surprise since he came across various creatures... Like a talking boat and a talking squirrel on the Golden Apple Archipelago.

The cat demon seemed offended by that comment as it scowled at Aether. "How... How DARE YOU! I am no WEASEL! I'm Grim, sorcerer extraordinaire!" The cat exclaimed loudly, "Tch. Whatever. You...human! Just gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" He added with a demand.

"Uniform...?" Aether repeated and looked down at his attire. He was wearing some kind of... ritualistic robe and under it was indeed a uniform of some sort. "I don't remember wearing these at all... Who changed my clothes...?" He asked himself as he patted himself down.

Grim scowled even more as his tail lashed about angrily. "Oh-ho! You got a lotta nerve ignoring me, human!" He shouted with pride, "The name's Grim. Believe me, you won't forget it! Now gimme your uniform, and be quick about it!" He held out his paw at Aether and glared at him.

Aether looked down at Grim for a moment before crossing his arms. "... Even if I did, I think you need an extra small for your size." He replied.

"Wh- YOU-!" Grim began before Aether finally decided to hop out of the coffin, landing on the ground carefully. "hey! Are you trying to escape me?!" He yelled and jumped after Aether. "Hey, come on! I'm on a tight schedule here!"

Aether looked around the room and just took not of the floating coffins around him... Just where the hell was he..? Aether took a good look around the room and noticed two other coffins that have not yet opened like the rest. But before he had the time to investigate, blue flames suddenly were launched at him. He turned around and sees an angry Grim getting ready to fire another spew of flames at him. Aether tried to use his elements to defend himself...yet nothing happened...

"Myahaha! What are you trying to do huh? Telling me to back off?" Grim mocked. "Well it ain't happening, human! Not until you hand over your uniform!!"

With no other options left, Aether turned and bolted down the hallway. He can investigate those two coffins later...