•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞•

Ten minutes later...

Grim was catching his breath as Crowley soon turned back to normal from his ghost form. He even plopped down on the wooden floor in exhaustion. "...Well?" Grim asked still wheezing to catch his breath while Wriothesley helped cool Grim down with a bit of cryo mist emitting from his metallic boxing gloves. "Whew.... Thanks..." Grim sighs in relief.

"Incredible... I've never seen anyone bend a monster to their will quite the way you have." Crowley commented as he looked over to Wriothesley and Aether. With Wriothesley having a tactical sense of leadership, and Aether, aside from being magicless, being able to communicate with Grim and even work together with him... "I must confess, my educator's intuition did sense something about you after the brouhaha at orientation... Aether was it? I could tell you had a certain animal trainer-y, beast master-ish quality to you. Oh, yes. That said, I..." He soon went off mumbling to himself on his conclusion and ideas. 

"Well seeing how Grim works and how he can use his magic, would it be possible you can allow Grim to stay here with us?" Wriothesley said and Neuvillette soon joins them after he just finished resting and even finished reading a book to who knows where he found it.

"Yeah, Grim is really eager to join this school after all." Aether added in, Grim being in shock of what these guys were trying to tell Crowley, but was quickly stopped by the headmage in attempt.

"WHAT? A monster, stay HERE?" He exclaimed, "Let me be clear! Under no circumstances would I admit anyone to Night Raven College who has not been selected by the Dark Mirror - especially not a monster!" He glared at Grim as Aether picked him up in his arms. "Nor do I intend to allow you, Aether, to freeload until you're able to return home."

"And us?" Neuvillette asked.

"Perhaps the Dark Mirror made a wrong calculations....therefore you two will be moved to another dorm shortly."

"Preposterous..."

"Seriously?" 

Wriothesley and Neuvillette were in strong disagreement to this sudden change.

"We all came from the same world, it would be unfair to all three of us if we were to be in separate dorms." Wriothesley said and crossed his arms. "Just because the traveler doesn't bare an element right now doesn't mean he would again soon." He added. "Headmage Crowley... you're a reasonable and all mighty guy, can't you allow Neuvillette and I to stay here?"

"Now don't get me wrong." Crowley began, "It was the Dark Mirror that transported you here. Therefore this school does bear some responsibility for your well-beings. But since all three of you did come from the same world... I will allow you to remain in this dorm, free of charge." He explained. "Mr. Wriothesley, Mr. Neuvillette, you two carry magic-"

"Visions."

"Elements."

"Yes yes whatever, you two carry something similar to magic, which is exceptional to the school's requirements." Crowley continued. "With that in mind, you will be placed in a different dorm... but, tell you what, if the Dark Mirror has not changed its answer a second time you are free to stay here with Aether." he smiles a bit. "Aren't I a generous headmage?"

"...Yeah...Sure..." Wriothesley deadpanned. 

"Then it is settled!" Crowley hit his cane on the old floorboard. "As my generosity knows no bounds~! Two weeks from now, Neuvillette and Wriothesley will stay here with you Aether temporarily until summoned to the Mirror Chambers once more. Until then, this old dorm is enough to shelter you all and-"

"He sure likes talking and praising himself a lot huh..." Wriothesley whispered to the other three.

"Talk about being an braggart... getting my hopes up for nothing of being enrolled.." Grim grumbled.

"Two weeks certainly won't be enough time for us to fix this dorm..." Neuvillette added. "Adding to fix the roof and requiring certain logs..."

"Having to go out of campus to buy essential materials.." 

"Add the concern of the heater AC and pluming and water source.."

"MYAAH ARE YOU THREE EVEN LISTENING TO MY DREAMS BEING CRUSHED?!" Grim exclaimed.

"However, you will need to pay for your own food, clothing, and incidentals." Crowley went on and finally looked at the four who clearly weren't paying attention to his words previously. "AHEM!" He cleared his throat and all eyes were on him once more, while he mumbled about what he was going to say next. "As to how you will do so, penniless as you three are... Ah. Ah ha. Yes, a fine plan." 

"A fine plan on us being... penniless?" Wriothesley said and crossed his arms.

"I think he meant he wants us to work to earn money." Neuvillette replied as Aether nods his head in understanding what Crowley was mumbling about.

"Work?" Grim gulped nervously.

"Well then... what will you have us do?" Wriothesley asked. "I've served my sentence before so any hard labor you need me to do, I can do it." he added.

"You huh?" Crowley began.

"Ah yes, I am also a judge in Fontaine and having to know my way around books, I can cast my judgment on others if you need me to and even become a librarian if necessary to organized books." Neuvillette said. "I have taken notice of your school's library and it is very fascinating... however, there are some books out of place so.."

"Huh? A judge? what?"

"I can go out in the wilderness and hunt for materials and food needed for the school like meats, fowls, chilled meat, sweet flowers, snapdragons, mist flowers, slimes-" Aether added.

"STOP! NONE OF THAT, YOU THREE!" Crowley exclaimed as he sighs and rubbed his forehead. "I know arriving here must have gotten your heads in a whirl, but you three still have some screws loose in there... I didn't think it would be this bad."

"But we don't?" Wriothesley reasoned with a blink. "This is what we do back in our world. Keep in order, go out hunting, research, all the things I guess... this world will never grasp." 

Once more, Crowley clears his throat and speaks clearly. "You needn't go THAT far." He sighs. "I'm simply going to ask you to do a few SIMPLE odd jobs around campus.... NOT GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE YOU'RE A CRIMINAL, A SO CALLED JUDGE, OR SOME STUDENT WHO LIKES TO DO CRAZY THINGS AND RISK THEIR LIFE JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT."

Aether only shrugged as Wriothesley scratched his head and Neuvillette hummed a short response. "Point made..."

"From what you three have done here, Aether, I can tell you know your way around a broom." Crowley went on. "Neuvillette you're as clean and formal as you come, even though you are a student, you can be a teacher's aid, and Wriothesley, you seem to be pretty well built for a student so I suppose I can have you work a few plumbing duties... Oh and yes Aether, what do you say to you and Grim working together as a janitorial team?" Crowley continued. "If you all agree to these terms, I will make a special exception and allow you four to remain on campus."

"Well..." Wriothesley looked at all three of his friends. "... It's a start." He said agreeing with a nod.

"Excellent!" Crowley smiles. "I'll also allow you use of the library, so that you may study, and research ways to return home." He chuckles to himself with a proud air about him now. "How soundlessly charitable I am~! .... Ah, but only when your work is over, of course!"

Grim shakes his tiny paw fist in the air at Crowley with a scowl. "Whaaat? What kinda deal is that?!" He exclaimed furiously. "I wanna put on one of those sweet uniforms and be a student, not sweep up people's junk!"

Crowley only crossed his arms and looked down at Grim who was still in Aether's arms. "If you're not satisfied with my offer, I can arrange to have you thrown out again."

"Myah?! ... All right, fine! Let's do it..."

"Then it's settled, we'll do the odd jobs." Aether said.

"Even though we weren't really given a choice..." Neuvillette sighs. 

"Wonderful. Then I beseech you four...To work hard as the newest members of the Night Raven College's janitorial staff!" Crowley beamed happily only to get a sigh from Aether, a grunt from Grim and two nonchalant arm crossing men.