•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭•

Main Street...

"Pretty cool, huh? Not like some piddling weasel." Ace commented with a smirk.

How strange... Aether thought to himself. The fact that Ace went a complete 180 turn on his attitude just now... It's like following a storyline.. no, maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me...

"Myah?!" Grim responded as Ace laughed at their faces.

"Pfft... Ah ha ha! I can't hold it back anymore! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Ace holds his stomach as he laughed, wiping a tear from his eye. "Come on, you're the ones who turned orientation into such a fiasco, right? The one summoned by the Dark Mirror who can't even use magic, and the monster no one summoned at all? It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony."

Aether gave him a face that tells "Bitch I saved an entire nation from drowning, what do you have?".... But he held his tongue. "There's.. no need to be a jerk about it.." He finally spoke after some silence. 

"Yeah! What my henchman said!" Grim scowled.

"So in the end, neither of you got admitted, and now you're janitors? Ah ha ha! SO lame!" Ace replied as he bent down a bit to their height with a mocking eat shitting grin.

"I feel like this is going south faster than Neuvillette can cry..." Aether sighed to himself.

"And you're both so clueless you don't even know who the Great Seven are. Not a one of them! Except false fact about them cause clearly you're told something so stupid for anyone in this school to believe. Maybe before you try getting into the academy again, you ought to take a second crack at kindergarten?" Ace added with a laugh while Grim growled at him, baring his sharp teeth at the gingerhead boy. "Anyway, just thought I'd tease you a bit. And man am I glad I did. It's been a blast! Unlike you, I actually have classes to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!" 

"Don't let him get to you Grim... Let's just finish here." Aether said. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to continue being quiet considering the fact that it might caused a fight between the two. Once he turned around, Grim decided to use fire magic and launched it at Ace who barely dodged it. 

"Woah!"

"No one makes fun of Grim, Master of Fire!" Grim began as Aether turned back around to reason with Grim, but the cat demon was really focus set on putting his paws down for the insults Ace threw. :I'm gonna make that explodey-head of yours explode all over again!"

"Explodey-head?!" Ace exclaimed and glared down at Grim. "You wanna throw down with me, shorty? You got some guts. You wanna talk hair, huh? I'm gonna shave you like a toy poodle!" He pulled out his pen and summoned wind magic on Grim that sent Grim flying back to Aether's side.

"Myyaaahhh!!"

"Oh-ho! How do you like that?" 

"H-hey! His magic winds are blowin' my fireballs off course! No fair!"

If only I didn't have my elemental powers gone, I could have really stopped this fight in matter of seconds... I almost forgot how useless I was before I knew about elemental powers. Aether thought to himself. Before long, there were a crowd of students gathering around them to watch the fight... Great... even more headaches...

"Guys, both of you calm down, there's no need to fight!" Aether began. He tried to step in between their fights, before Grim and Ace blasted their magic at the same time creating a strong swirl reaction of pyro and anemo. "Agh! that's hot!" Aether hissed stepping and almost losing his footing. Thankfully, he caught himself on the statue of the Queen of Hearts before he could hit the ground. "Grim! Ace! Seriously sto-" His words were suddenly drowned when he and the statue burst into flames.

"MYAAAH!" 

"What the-?!"

Ace and Grim stopped mid battle as their eyes were on the statue that was set ablaze with Aether. The other students watched along with them some were going to get staff already.

"Shit! Bro your friend's on fire with one of the seven!!" Ace blamed Grim

"What?! That's YOUR problem with the wind magic!!" Grim retorted. "HUMAN!!" He called to Aether.

Meanwhile inside the fire, Aether wasn't injured nor in pain. "It's... warm..." He mumbled to himself. He looked up at the statue for a moment. His body felt the surge of fire going inside him as his feathered earring changed. The bead attached to it had changed from silver white, to the color red. Soon the fire disappeared and there just stood a completely shocked and bewildered Aether. "What.... just happened...?" He blinked.

Soon his mind snapped back to reality by the sound of someone yelling. 

"What is going on here! Cease this at once!" Crowley shouted with Neuvillette behind. It seems they were in a conversation about something before a student interrupted them and reported Grim and Ace's fight.

"Aether, are you alright?" Neuvillette made a B-line to Aether who just nodded his head. He took instant note on Aether new... color accessories before looking at the statue. "Aether... is this..?"

Before he could continue both of them turned to the sound of two whipcracks Crowley made on Grim and Ace. 

"As if the likes of you could ever flee from me!" Crowley glared as he sighs. "Did I not just warn you, "no more incidents"? And now you've charred one of my statues?! It's almost as though you WANT to be expelled!" 

"Charred?" Aether began and looked at the statue and flinched. "Crap... she's soot covered from head to toe..."

"Oh dear, perhaps I can clean her up." Neuvillette said as he readied his ability.

"Wait no no!" Aether exclaimed. "Don't use your hydro blast!" 

"Won't it be faster to use it..?"

"Unless you want Crowley fainting at the side of a demolished statue then I suggest you hold it." Aether deadpanned as Neuvillette thinks about it carefully. 

Soon they shift their attention to Crowley who was lecturing Grim and Ace. It took a bit to convince Crowley for a lenient sentence, but he gave Grim and Ace a punishment on cleaning windows in the cafeteria. 

"I suppose you can watch them, but you're a part of the punishment as well Aether since you were suppose to keep an eye on Grim." Crowley said. "But given the situation, Neuvillette can watch over them. You seem shaken up a bit when we arrived."

"Yes, he has this... fear factor of fire." Neuvillette reasoned, giving Aether a side eye. "But please, worry not. He just requires rest, I will watch these two work and make sure they don't leave my sight." He assured.

"Hm... very well Neuvillette, I'll leave these two in your capable hands!" Crowley said as the two adults began walking away leaving Aether, Grim, and Ace once more, the crowd of students disburse as they headed to their class. "Oh one more thing, due to circumstances and looking into your skills as you described on our talk, I, as your headmage, will assign you to a dorm manually! Aren't I gracious?" He added with a beaming smile. "Starting next week, I will assign you to Octavinelle Dorm."