•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨•

Mirror Chamber...

"We're done with orientation and dorm assignments?" A red-haired boy said as he was checking a list on the orientation paper he had in his hand. Once he was satisfied that everything was covered, he puts the paper away in his robe and looked at the crowd of students from the podium. "All right, new students—let me be clear." He began, his voice stern and firm. "At Heartslabyul House, I am the law. Break the rules, and it's off with your head!"

Another boy yawned tiredly before speaking once the red-haired boy was done with his small speech. "Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever." He grumbled to himself before running his fingers through his hair. "I'm going back to the dorm. If you're in Savanaclaw House, follow me."

"New students!" A boy with glasses began with an exaggerated motion of his arms. "Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As dorm leader of Octavinelle House, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience."

A handsome boy looked around for a moment in silence before speaking. "Hey, does anyone know where the headmage went?" He asked the other dorm leaders. "He disappeared midway through the ceremony..."

"Some headmage he is..." A floating tablet said beside him.

A boy with white hair and ruby eyes just contemplated and placed his arms behind his head. "Maybe he had a tummyache?"

At that mention, the door to the chamber burst open as all eyes landed on Crowley who had a scowl on his face. "I most certainly did not!" He exclaimed.

"Ah, speak of the devil." The red-haired boy said with a unamused look on his face.

"If you must know, I was searching for the new students who'd failed to show for orientation." He began as he stepped aside, revealing a hooded cloaked student behind him. "You are the only one who has yet to be assigned a dorm. The other two... Ah I should get them as well... But first, step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick about it. I'll watch your weasel."

Grim, who was still in Crowley's grasp, struggled once more, growling and glaring daggers at him.

The student who stood behind Crowley soon slowly made his way to the steps in front of a mirror with a face. The dark mirror looked at him before narrowing its eyes. "State your name."

".... Aether." He spoke as he looked at the dark mirror.

The Dark Mirror took a moment. "The nature of your soul is..." 

...

...

...

...

"...Unclear to me..." 

The was a moment of pause before Crowley broke the silence. "Come again?" He asked in shock as he blinked. 

"I sense no magical power from this one..." The Dark Mirror replied. 

Aether placed his hands on his hips and narrows his eyes. So even in some other world I don't have my own powers back... Is this even still Teyvat...? He wondered to himself as he stares at the face in the mirror while Crowley talked with it.

"Soundless. Colorless. Shapeless. Utterly vacant. Therefore, no dorm would be appropriate." The Dark Mirror concluded.

"Are you suggesting that the black carriage went to receive a person who cannot even use magic?" Crowley replied with wide eyes under his mask. "But that is absurd! The student selection process has not erred once in its century of existence! How could this have happened..?"