Quidditch Trouble

Story

'speech'

SPELLS

animal speech

writing

Chapter 7:

Harry made sure he was out of sight when he sat down on the grass bank and grabbed his grandfathers journal from the darkness under his robes. As he was settling into his read he heard an ear piercing screech come from his friends quidditch lesson. 'Ms Davis, Ms Potter please regain control over your brooms.' At this point Harry poked his head round the corner and saw his sister and Tracey  continue to fly higher and higher. Turning back round the corner Harry turned into his animagus form. It took Harry four leaps to get airborne and in that time Tracey and Cecilia had gained a height of around 35ft. A fall from that height would be helpful. Using the Thunderbirds ability to control the weather he effortlessly glided up to Cecilia and gave her a squawk to hop on. That was when things turned for the worst as the broom Tracey was on tilted nose first into a steep dive straight to the ground, Harry had to slow time to catch up with her but he wasn't able to let her hop on so he grabbed her with his front two legs and opened his wings to their full length to slow down the descent.

Daphne swore to herself as she realised why the Thunderbird was helping her friend and Harry's sister. How could she be so stupid it was obvious now, the lightly charred back left leg, the completely black left eye of course, this thunderbird was actually Harry in his animagus form. Her parents were going to have a very interesting description of Harry when they receive her letter at the end of this week.

Once Harry had landed safely and Madam Hooch had taken the girls to the infirmary Harry realised he was getting a very threatening glare from Daphne, so he used his initiative and went up to the girl and bowed. This seemed to be a huge thing as a collective gasp came from the group, with his head bowed his eyes were about her eye level he was able to hear her whisper 'you and I are going to have a long talk later.' With that Harry turned and was in the air in for leaps, the group of first years watched in amazement as the creature disappeared in a bolt of lightning.

A few seconds later the teachers come barrelling around the corner and asked the students where the creature had gone. 'Into a lightning bolt sir.' Neville answered and after many nods from both houses. It was at this point Blaise pointed something out to the teachers, 'Professor McGonagall, what does it mean if a Thunderbird bows its head to you.' the professor looked perplexed when Hagrid stepped in, 'It means 'at the person 'ey bowed to is destined for greatness.' All of the students turned their heads to Daphne who turned and walked away. 

Harry was pacing around in the Slytherin common room clutching so hard on his staff that his knuckles were white. He had watched as everyone filtered through but there was no sign of Daphne. Stepping into a dark corner of the room Harry merged with the darkness. Harry felt a rush of information as he became every dark corner, it didn't take Harry long to find Daphne sobbing in an empty class room. Appearing outside the classroom Harry gave a knock on the door and opened it slowly, 'Daphne, are you okay?' Harry asked genuinely worried for his oldest friend. She turned around and ran at him, Harry didn't react he was either gonna get punched or hugged and he would take both if it meant Daphne feeling better. Harry stiffened as Daphne wrapped her arms around him and buried her head into his shoulder. Harry sat her down on a chair he positioned wordlessly as she was sobbing into his shoulder. Harry sat her down on the chair and stepped back leaning on his staff. 'Daphne what's wrong?' Harry asked sincerely. To this Daphne raised her eyes and stared at Harry, 'yo-you are the most selfless, caring and wonderful person I have met, but I never want you to do that again.' Daphne said through sobs. Harry knew from living in the same house as the girl that Daphne was only being cold and arrogant on the outside while on the inside she was a kind-hearted person with quick wit and over the few short weeks he had known her he had fallen for her. 'What have I done do hurt you?' Harry asked. 'Why did you have to bow to me in that stupid lesson.' Daphne looked up at Harry with a look that could freeze the sun, Harry spluttered as he tried to answer her question, was he not as discreet as he thought, if Daphne knew about him and his Animagus then what would stop other students noticing. 'I-I,' Harry gulped 'I am sorry Daphne, I didn't know it would cause you suffering.' With this Harry offered Daphne a hand and opened a rift back to her room, once she was gone Harry checked the corridor for anyone and rifted stepped back into the shadows, reappearing behind Adalhard startling the boy. Daphne came down from her room a few minutes later with her usual icy looks.

Time skip:

It was first lesson on a Friday and Harry and Adalhard walked into the transfiguration class after eating breakfast. They were the first into the classroom and found only a cat sitting on McGonagall's desk, Harry walked up to the cat and said 'Nice to see you professor, my Dad always liked this class.' With that Harry joined Adalhard on a table to the far right of the room, as the rest of the class filtered in they were joined by Blaise, Tracey, Daphne and Neville, who filled out the tables around them. Once it was 9:00 Harry counted the heads in the room and found that they were missing two students, Harry stood up and was making his way to the door when he was confronted by Malfoy, 'Where are you going Potter, running away like a coward.' Harry glanced at the blonde then pushed past him and looked out of the classroom, looking around the corner he saw two gingers running towards him, 'Weasley, Sis if you two wouldn't mind apologising to McGonagall for being so late I'm sure she would forgive you once she is no longer a cat.' Harry called down the hall to the two gingers he then turned around and walked back to his seat leaving most of the class confused and those few who finally understood looked at the cat on he desk in a new light.

When Cecilia entered the room she expected to see McGonagall but instead all she saw was a cat standing on the table, hurrying to their seats Cecilia pulled Ron down and, to her  shock, he whispered in her ear loud enough for people around him to hear but not for her brother to here, 'stupid cripple, probably testing to see if you will stand up to him when he is a dark lord, lying to us about McGonagall.' Unfortunately for Ron, what he had said was able to be heard by McGonagall who transformed into a human form, 'Mr Weasley, a loss of 50 points and a weeks worth of detention should be a helpful reminder that we do NOT insult students, especially if you are sitting next to their sibling.' Ron turned to find an angry Cecilia looking at him with a murderous glint in his eyes. 'That will also be 5 points to Slytherin as Mr Potter correctly observed that I am an Animagus, well done Potter.' With that McGonagall started the lesson which was to turn a quill into a pin. Harry completed this with a tap of his staff and a mutter of the incantation. His quill turned into a detailed pin with an hourglass and a scythe on each side. Harry was awarded 10 points for this and spent the rest of the lesson reading his father's journal. When it came to the end of the lesson Harry put his book back under his robes and sent it to the shadows. Standing up he grabbed his staff and pushed past Ron to get to the door.