Punishment and Training

If you want the language stuff its the same as usual.

Chapter 10:

After his first week was over, Harry sat in his dorm and played truth or dare with Nott, Blaise and Adalhard. It ended when it turned into a childish game of finding out each others crush, Harry had his suspicions that both Nott and Blaise where after the same girl but didn't realise it, and Adalhard obviously had feelings for that bushy haired girl. Smirking he rolled over in his bed and closed his eyes trying to get some sleep.

Harry woke up at 6am the next morning feeling refreshed, getting changed into a white shirt and a pair of black jeans and his dragonhide boots he wondered what the year ahead had in store for him. Once dressed Harry headed to the common room and found it empty. Sitting down on one of the sofas near the entrance to the common room, Harry started to meditate. This allowed, at least according to his fathers and grandfathers journal, for Harry to later on construct a mindscape so that if someone were to break down his occlumency shields they would have a difficult time accessing his memories.

What Harry didn't realise is that while meditating, it seemed to other people in the room that darkness was swirling around him, and to be quite frank, they were scared of him. He had a staff, a rare thing in itself, he had family that could be traced back pre-merlin, and he was already battle scarred -unless of course you asked Malfoy in which case he was 'born a cripple and was deserted. All in all, it lead to many students believing he was dark and had to be stopped, well that was the assumption of most of the Gryffindor first years who trusted everything that Ginger prat of a Weasley - the others trusted what Cecilia, Neville and the twins and believed that he had strange powers powers but it was his personality that decided whether he was a dark lord or not. The fact that Harry's meditative stance led to a many candles to flicker out around him, and that it looked like dark was swirling around him didn't help with the debate, especially after Draco told Pansy to leak it to Lavender Brown who had already established herself as the Gryffindor Gossip Queen after 1 week. This would lead to a massive backlash that no-one in Slytherin expected.

Daphne had decided that she would get up early this morning to get the Defence Against the Dark Arts homework done. Getting up she got dressed into some black skinny jeans and dark green t-shirt, she also tied her hair up into a bun. 'Trying to impress someone Daph,' came the tired voice of Tracey, who was just getting up, 'NO!!,' Daphne said a little to quickly, her cheeks burning crimson, she quickly schooled her features and turned to Tracey, 'I just need to keep appearances up, you should to, you need to impress Blaise if you ever want him.' With that Daphne left the room leaving a blushing Tracey and her two sleeping room mates. Heading to the common room she saw Harry sitting on one of the sofas near the exit of the dorms and made her way over to him. 'Damn, looking good Greengrass, trying to impress me. I'm touched but the betrothal contract hasn't even been drawn up yet. There's no point in trying to hide it.' Daphne turned round and looked into the eyes of Draco Malfoy, the brat and his father had been trying to force a betrothal contract onto her for a year know. Daphne hated how the brat in front of her thought he was better than everyone else just because his father had the minister in his pocket. Daphne hated how he expected others to do what he said. All of this added up to Daphne hating Malfoy with a passion, so much so that she felt she had good reason to wipe that irritable smirk off is face with a punch. Stepping forward she started to swing her arm around to smash his nose but she found it held back by an arm. Looking to her left she saw Harry holding her back, a cold glint in his eyes, stepping forward Harry pushed her arm down and put himself in between her and Draco, 'Heir Malfoy, I would recommend you backing up before something unsavoury happens.' 'Is that a threat Potter, if that was a threat I will have my Father know about this.' This seemed to get Harry as he started laughing, 'My my Malfoy, I would also like to face your punishment from the duel, you must sit with the Hufflepuff's at Breakfast and Dinner everyday for 2 weeks. Hopefully you learn to keep your mouth shut, or at least think before you speak to friends of mine, or anyone for that matter.' With that Harry walked back to the sofa and sat back down. Malfoy was left spluttering at this, he couldn't sit with those people, what would his Father think if he found him sitting with those Blood Traitors and Half-bloods but he had to. He had his honour on the line and he could just ignore them and hope they didn't engage him in conversation.

After that incident Harry and Daphne were left in relative peace until they left for breakfast. They sniggered to each other when they watched Malfoy sulk over to the Hufflepuff table, much to the surprise of the rest of the hall. Harry explained to his friends when they met up later why Malfoy sat with the Hufflepuff's. This left group in hoots of laughter, they then spent the rest of the day being trained spells by Harry. At the end of it they Harry set targets up and tested out their accuracy. Daphne was the most accurate hitting 7/10 targets while Blaise and Tracey both got 5/10 while Adalhard got 4/10 and Neville got 3/10. Harry watched Neville with interest, the boy had the potential to very powerful but he was being held back, 'Nev, come here I want to check something,' Harry said as the others left. Harry studied Neville's wand and found out it wasn't his wand but instead it was his Fathers wand. Harry then wrote a note to McGonagall to tell Neville's gran that he should have his own wand to reach his full potential.