Secrets

Chapter 12:

The Slytherins were just settling down when an almighty screech pierced the quite. Daphne could have mistaken it for a Thunderbird's call, but there were no Thunderbirds in Britain, there hadn't been for centuries. The only Thunderbird she knew was... Harry.

When Harry pushed the troll into the library through the portal he had expected it to be empty, not to be full of the whole Slytherin. 'Well,' Harry thought to himself, 'You've been training for a fight like this, why not show off a bit.' Harry dug his claws into the troll's chest and bit onto its shoulder. This made it worse for the troll when it finally pushed Harry off as it left a massive chunk missing from its shoulder. Harry was flung towards a group Slytherin 3rd years and had to shift back to his human form to avoid causing major damage, he was caught by a tall boy with golden hair. Harry pulled himself to his feet and summoned his staff which appeared from the shadows and flew to Harry's. 'Ok so now you are starting to piss me of troll, we can do this the easy way were you get to walk away or we can do this the hard way.' The troll looked confused at this, but it charged at Harry without hesitation swinging its club as it went. Harry sighed and activated his Dark Armor. Harry charged forward and slid under the trolls legs and conjured to daggers which embedded themselves into the beasts thighs. Harry stood up and flicked his wrist, with this the daggers moved to Harry pulling the trolls legs out from underneath it. The troll was now sliding towards Harry at an alarming and to someone who didn't know Harry's (which was everyone there other than Daphne) it looked like he would be hit by the beast, However that wasn't the case as Harry slowed time enough to jump over the troll and this allowed him to stab down with his staff, transforming the end into a spear in the process, causing the troll to whole in pain as a spear punctured its heart. Harry looked down at the beast and examined it further. On further examination Harry found a rune of rage etched onto the beasts cheek. Harry's attention changed from the beast to the large amount of students standing around him. Harry was glad he wasn't in his true form right now as it would lead to too many questions and he feared what the Hogwarts rumour mill would create of him. One person started clapping and then another and another until the whole of Slytherin house was clapping for there saviour. Harry ignored them mostly and clutched his staff in support as he stepped off the troll and walked around its body to its head. Harry then morphed his staff into and axe and decapitated the troll. He picked up the head of the troll and tossed to one of the prefects. 'What is wrong with it?' He asked the prefect. The prefect studied the head for a few seconds before clocking what was wrong with it. It was at this moment the Professors decided to check on the Slytherin students and Harry, seeing Dumbledore open his mouth, touched the trolls chest and shifted out of there and into the room of requirements. He then shifted into his dorm and got into his night clothes and was asleep the second his head touched the pillow he was asleep.

Daphne had demanded that Blaise get Harry down from his dorm when they had returned to the common room. This lead to Daphne, Adalhard and Tracey sitting on a sofa waiting for Blaise to return, when he did he told them Harry was fast asleep and couldn't be woken until the next day. Daphne snorted at this and headed up to her dorm to get dressed and go to bed. It had been a long day and she needed her energy if she was going to rant at Harry in the morning.

 Dumbledore sat in his office pondering on the days events, as he had been for the last hour. He hadn't believed the story when the first student said it, but with the whole of Slytherin house and a few memories he couldn't deny it. Somehow the troll had broke into the school, how could he have been so foolish- after all it was his idea to replace the wards when there were students in, alas all had been saved by this mystery man. A mystery man who seemed to know his way around the grounds and had already saved the lives of a Slytherin and a girl he saw as his grand-daughter. He had to find a way to find this man, while he may not like his methods he had to find powerful allies in these darkening times. Yes that was the best way of going about this, he needed to gain the mans trust and find out where his loyalties lay.

Harry woke up the next morning feeling as fresh as a clean cut grass, that was until he went down to the common room and saw Daphne's face. Sighing a little he walked over to the girl and put privacy wards, because- you know- it was Daphne, and she would probably tell him off for being so selfless. But what was he supposed to do. Harry was removed from this thought when Daphne started to speak to him, 'I assume that no-one else can hear our conversation.' Harry nodded at this and Daphne stood up walked up to him. It was at this point that Harry started to fell worried, he had seen how Daphne handled herself in their weekly training sessions and knew she had a mean streak with people who insulted her. Not that Harry had insulted her in anyway, no that would be suicide, he just knew to be wary of her when she was angry. 'You are a idiot Potter.' Oh no she was using his last name, not good, 'what was I supposed to do, let Adalhard and Hermione get hurt by the troll, I didn't go looking for it if that's what you think.' Daphne moved away from Harry, obviously hurt, 'Look Daph, I'll tell you what, I'll tell you and everyone else about everything in the room after Breakfast, okay.' Daphne nodded at this and sat back down. It was 7:49 when Blaise finally came downstairs and they headed off to breakfast.

After Breakfast Harry pulled Neville away from Cecilia and dragged him up to the room of requirements. 'Ok Harry why have you dragged all of us up here,' Tracey asked, annoyed that she couldn't finish her Breakfast. 'Well Tracey I have some secrets that I promised to share.'