Christmas Trials

Chapter 13:

That after noon nobody saw the group until they entered there dorms before curfew and sat down. If people paid close attention they would notice how the group would seem to trust each other more and the group of Slytherins were rarely seen apart. The months leading were easy going for Harry, he was top of his class in most of his lessons. However there was something wrong with Quirrell, the man had an unnatural stutter that, if it was an actual stutter, could easily be fixed with potions. Not only that but the man had an obsession with his sister, yes she was the girl who lived, but the amount he stared at her was downright creepy. Harry pushed all these thoughts to the back of his mind and stood up, 'I'm going to start packing for tomorrow and I recommend you guys do that as well.' Harry went up to his dorm and started to pack his things into his trunk. He was packed and downstairs before Tracey, Aidan (Adalhard's nickname) and Blaise had finished their game of Exploding Snap. Harry walked over to them and pulled out his Dad's diary. He had nearly finished it and was in desperate need of a piece of information that he thought the diary could offer. The piece of information that could free his Godfather from his unjust imprisonment. Harry was removed from this train of thought by someone approaching him, 'Harry,' he turned round to find Daphne moving towards him, 'Me and the rest of my family on Yule's eve for our ball.' Harry was taken back at this question, he'd never had people ask him round to their house, let alone a ball. 'Thank you Daphne, I accept this invitation. Although I do have a question concerning some difficulties with me and dancing.' Daphne gave Harry a look that could freeze fiendfyre, obviously she didn't like his attempt at a joke.

Harry woke the next morning with Blaise coming out of the bathroom and changing into a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. Getting up Harry changed and moved down into the common room. An hour later he was sitting down in the compartment with his friends discussing there plans for the holiday. Blaise was going to his family home in Italy, Tracey was going to her families cabin in the swiss alps, Adalhard wasn't doing anything interesting. Overall it was set to be a quite boring holiday for everyone but Harry. Harry had sent the necessary documents to get his Godfather freed to the head of the DMLE and was told to arrive at the ministry at 10am on Saturday 21st. So for know, he could enjoy his time with his friends  and prepare for Sirius' return. The compartments atmosphere changed when a blonde git decided to grace the group with his presence. 'Potter, if you know what's good for you, you will follow me and allow me to be the leader of Slytherin.' Harry turned his head from the window to the boy. 'Firstly, Malfoy, I have already beaten you in a duel, and - in said duel - I didn't cast a single spell, so in which way are you insinuating that you are better than me. And secondly, I am not the leader of Slytherin, I will stand up for my house belief and house members, but I don't have power over what the house decides. So, in a hypothetical situation, a blonde git decides that he is the ruler of the house, and that everyone should kiss the ground he walks on just because his father is a blood-purist murderer and has the minister in his pocket, what do I do. I warn him to stay away and not make the same mistakes as his Farther and hope he doesn't get on my bad side.' Malfoy seemed to get the hint from this and left the compartment red faced. The group looked at Harry with a look of shock on their faces before they all remembered they were Slytherins and that Harry didn't like to be in charge. After that the train ride was peaceful.

Time skip:

Harry woke up with a grin plastered on his face, today he was going to free Sirius, today he was going to meet his Godfather in person. Well it wasn't the first time, but Harry shifting into his cell wasn't really a meet up. For some reason the Minister decided it was to dangerous for Sirius to be in the same room as Harry, so all he could do was wait outside and pray for the best. Harry waited outside in the corridor, he knew Fudge and Malfoy Sr. would try to get Sirius back in prison but Madame Bones, head of the DMLE and Sirius' ex, had been able to allow veritaserum on the man.

30 minutes after the trial started Sirius walked out and was immediately tackled by a small child. Looking down at the kid Sirius realised he was looking at his godson. Tears started to form in his eyes as he knelt down in front of Harry and returned the embrace of his godson. Neither caring for the flash of camera's that was recording evidence for tomorrow mornings newspaper's. Harry spent the next week socialising with Sirius and making sure the man was, mentally, fully healed.