The Prisoner and Potions

Story

'Speech'

SPELLS

Animal Speech

writing

Chapter 8:

Harry stormed out of the transfiguration, how dare that prat call him a dark lord, after all it was Harry who took a spell from a death eater, Harry walked into a dark hallway and shifted out of the school grounds. He had family to see.

Daphne ran around the halls, looking for Harry, where could he be it was like he wasn't in school. At this she stopped, but what if he wasn't, what if he had opened a rift like he had at her house. He could be anywhere. She had an idea about how to get a message to him, but her parents didn't want her showing it to anyone else, let alone using it with them. This was family magic. What was Daphne thinking, this was the same boy who selflessly put himself in harms way and saved her and her sister's life, to strangers he didn't even know. Her mind made up Daphne got out a piece of parchment and started scribbling a note for Harry. This done she folded the parchment up and put it into the breast pocked that every student had on there robes and clearly said 'Harry Potter' before tapping the pocket, checking to see if it worked she found no parchment. Hoping that the note had reached Harry she rushed to the library where she agreed to meet with rest of the group.

Harry stepped out of the shadows inside the cell of the mass murderer Sirius Orion Black. Looking around Harry saw a form in the bed. Tapping his staff on the ground Harry sent an orb of light to the form, a groan was emitted from the form which Harry was know pretty sure was a sleeping body. 'Get up you lazy git,' Harry said changing his form so that he was taller man with short hair that was starting to grey. 'Who are you?' asked the voice from the covers, 'Possibly your ticket out of here.' This seemed to pique the mans interest.

Sirius sat up and had a good look at the man in front of him, there was something familiar about the way he held himself, when he had said something of a way to get out of here Sirius cautiously listened on.

Harry stood there feeling foolish, he had come here with no prior knowledge of his Godfather other than that he was best friends with his dad and that he was cousin to Malfoy's mum. 'Padfoot, while you may not recognise me I swear on my magic that I will make you a free man, so mote it be.' With that Harry shifted out of the cell, leaving a very confused Sirius Black to ponder on what he had just heard. 

As Harry stepped out of the shadows he found himself in a dark hallway, Harry changed his form back to usual. Feeling something heavy in his breast pocket Harry reached in and pulled out a piece of parchment that was folded neatly. Unfolding the parchment he read it, 

Ignore the prat of a Weasley, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

If you want to talk I am always here,

D. G

Harry smiled at the girls use of language that would have her father in a twist. Putting the parchment into his pocket he cat a tempus charm and saw that he had 15 minutes to get to the Slytherin dorms to get his potions kit and get to Snape's lesson. Opening  a rift in the wall next to him he walked through and found a very scared Adalhard sitting on his bed. 'Harry, you do realise how scary it is seeing a wall split into a dark crack, also Daphne's been looking for you and is worried to say the least' he said, chastising his friend, Harry chuckled at this and picked his stuff up and walked off with Adalhard to their lesson.

Once inside the classroom Harry sat at the back where Tracey and Blaise where sitting together and Daphne was sat alone on the desk next to them. Harry walked over and sat down next to Daphne, shrinking his staff so that it could fit in his pocket Harry kept his eye out for his sister and the weasel, sorry Weasley, and found them sitting at the front right of the classroom. Daphne saw him looking at them and nudged him, 'Do you want to talk about it?' she whispered in his ear, Harry shook his head and waited for Snape to enter the classroom.

Severus Snape walked into his potions class with his cloak bellowing out behind him, looking around the classroom he saw the two Potters sitting at the opposite ends of the room. He had decided at the opening feast he would see if they were like their father or their mother and that he would try to stay open minded, that all changed when he watched Hadrian's battle with Malfoy, Snape had meddled with the dark arts for a long time, but what he saw Potter do in the duel was new to him. The boy was sat at the back right of the classroom surrounded by his group of friends, Severus hated that the boy looked like his arrogant Father but he felt the hate dissipate when he saw his eyes, or his eye in Harry's case, as it was exactly like Lily's. Cecilia Potter was different, she looked every bit like Lily but she had her fathers hazel eyes. She also seemed to be an obnoxious prat, but that could be because she had lived that Weasley brat her entire life. Hopefully she would change. 

Harry watched on in interest as Snape came to the end of his speech, with the speech finished he rounded on Harry's sister, 'Miss Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of of wormwood?' after a short silence Snape continued, 'Don't know, maybe your brother can help, Mr Potter what is the answer to the question?' Harry looked at Snape and gave the professor a small nod that confirmed he got the message behind it, 'It is the base ingredients for the Draught of Living Death sir.' 'Where would we find a bezoar Weasley?' The question seemed to confuse the Weasley but he answered the question with a coy, 'Your cupboard sir.' This seemed to enrage the teacher '5 points and a detention for your cheek, Miss Greengrass I ask you the same question.' 'You would find it in the stomach of a Goat sir.' 'Mr Longbottom what is the difference between monkswood and wolfbane?' 'T-There isn't one sir, the plant also goes by the name aconite.' 'Well done, you have proven to me that not all Gryffindor students are brats Mr Longbottom, 10 points for each correct answer and 15 points off for each incorrect answer. Well why aren't you writing anything down.' They spent the rest of the lesson making a potion to heal boils. At the end of the lesson Snape judged their potions and gave Harry and Daphne full marks and 20 points for their potion. Everyone else had managed to make 'adequate' potions, well other than the weasel and his Irish friend- who had made their cauldron melt. All in all Harry felt he had had a productive first week at Hogwarts as he drifted to sleep on Friday.