Authors note

This was one of my first fanfics and, as any creator would, now look back on it with cringe and disappointment at my false characterization and Mary-Sueness.

Times have changed and I've thought up a better (more realistic) way for my OC to join the Durarara gang. Meaning in my AU, this particular fanfiction is noncanon but I'll keep up because it was one of my firsts. Due to my laziness, I'll give you a summary of my new idea:

Yui (OC) met the trio (Shizuo, Izaya, and Shinra) attending the same school. More specifically, Shizuo and Izaya wrecked her project while fighting and so she forced them to help her fix it. Afterward, she just started hanging around with them and officially joined the biology club with Shinra. Also, she becomes the primary mediator between Shizuo and Izaya. They graduate and stay in contact. Yui notices how Izaya's loneliness is affecting him and takes it upon herself to become his companion and mend his relationships with Shizuo & Shinra (it works). She essentially becomes his babysitter and Izaya finds her entertaining because she's one of the very few people he can't manipulate. Her role is essentially damage control. Skip ahead to the Slasher arc, Yui & Izaya recognize have feelings for each other but don't get together until the very end of season 2. The main conflict with her happens when her father contacts Yodogiri in an attempt to get her back in exchange for studying her powers as a lab rat (which happens during the season 2 finale).

My headcanon fanfiction has more details.