Meeting

Yui sat on the railing on the rooftop, like she does every day. Except now she was contemplating what to do after what happened earlier that day. Still furious.

Flashback

Yui was walking home from work. It had been a rather quiet day. Izaya had stopped interacting with her for a week and no one attacked her. Then, Orochi said something that alarmed her greatly. "Master, I feel your Father's presence nearby. It seems he is here in Ikebukuro."

Yui's eyes widened. "What's the best path to avoid him."

"I suggest we take a detour through Sunshine street."

"This is such a nuisance."

Sadly, her father spotted her in the crowd. He started making his way towards her. He signaled the men he was with to do the same. This just made Yui go faster. Fortunately for her, neither her father or his men knew how to navigate Ikebukuro's busy streets. She already had a good idea of who was responsible for this and boy was he gonna be in for it. Well after he mentally recovers from the traumatic psychological experiences he was currently going through thanks to her. 

Even though she kept expertly maneuvering through the busy streets, they somehow kept up despite almost losing her several times. It was already sunset. She had been at this for over 2 hours! As she was about to circle through the part AGAIN, she saw the two people she needed most: Shizuo & Celty.

Thank god for those two. As she approached them, she broke into a run. "Shizuo! Celty! I need help!"

"Whoah slow down!" typed Celty as Yui finally reached them.

Shizuo looked at Yui concerned. "What's up, Yui?"

She took a deep breath. "Remeber all that family drama I had briefed you guys in and why I moved away?"

"Yeah why?" asked Shizuo as Celty merely nodded.

Yui continued. "It seems a certain flee leaked info on where I live and now I've been trying to lose my dad and his goons."

Shizuo just cracked his knuckles. "Point them out to me." 

"Don't worry, I can give you a ride home," offered Celty.

"YUI!"

Yui immediately tensed up as she heard that voice. She hid went behind Shizuo, glaring at the man in front of her. "What do you want, Father?"

The man looked at her. It was clear he had missed her. "It's nice to see you again. I wanted you to come back home."

"No."

"Please, Yui. Be reasonable. You can't possibly be happy in a dump like this surrounded by such low-lives," as he spoke, bodyguards in suits began to surround them. "You-"

"Grrrrrr! You're pissing me off!" announced Shizuo, smashing his cigarette with his foot. Celty grabbed Yui's hand a dragged her away. Both girls quickly got on Celty's motorcycle/horse and drove off as Shizuo began beating the bodyguards.

Flashback: End

After Celty dropped her off at home, Yui ran inside and locked the door. After that, she went onto the roof like she does every night. Except now she was alone, she had sent Orochi to patrol the area and keep all her father's goons away. She heard footsteps behind her. Alarmed, she turned her head only to see Izaya. "What do you want?" she asked coldly.

"Aaw, c'mon Yu-chan why so cold?" he asked teasingly.

Yui immediately took notice that his demeanor had changed. His tone was less enthusiastic than usual. His face looked even less like him. His usual smirk was replaced by a sad smile. He looked even more pitiful than normal. "His mask is cracking."

"I see the nightmares are taking a toll on you. Your mask is cracking. Soon there won't be much left."

"And who's fault is that?" he asked as he leaned on the railing. 

"Mine. I suppose that's why you gave my parents info on where I live."

"Consider it payback."

"I suppose that's fair, but still . . ."

In less than a second, Izaya found himself lying on the ground with Yui on top of him with her nails turned into claws aimed at his neck. She tightened her grip on his neck. "You're getting a little too smart. One of these days its gonna get you killed."

"Did I strike a nerve?" he asked. "I thought you said it was fair. After all, you're having me face my problems so why not you face yours?"

"I had already faced my problems. All your doing is bringing them back."

"It's nice finally get a reaction out of you. You aren't fully human, yet that little part of you that somehow still is is completely unreadable. That's what I find so interesting about you, so sad that now I very much dislike you for it."

"Ah, so you hate me for being unable to show you the sides of me you can exploit?"

"Hehe. But, I never imagined that simply bringing your family into it all would cause you to have a reaction like this," he responded as he brought his hand up to caress her scaley cheek. 

It was rather ironic: Izaya always felt calmer caressing Yui's snake-like skin, even though she was the one responsible for breaking him. For him touching her skin was his way of knowing she was there and it seemed to chase away his loneliness. She simply looked at him and asked, "DO you hate Shizuo?"

He was surprised at this. He wasn't expecting her to ask that now of all times. He took a deep breath and answered, "Yes, but I find his presence in my life valuable and meaningful."

Suddenly, Yui's phone rang. She got off him and checked the collar id: anonymous.

She answered it. The voice that came out was one she hoped to never hear again. "Hey, sissy."

"What the hell do you want, Haruka?"

"Just wanted to let you know where in town. And oh yeah! Ya know that blonde guy that beat Dad up? He's pretty handsome isn't he? Chiyo and I thought of paying him a visit."

"You little shit."

"Now, now, you shouldn't use such language. But, I guess it comes with living in a dump like Ikebukuro. We also wanna check out this weird kid named Shinra. Anyway, feel free to join us."

Haruka hung up. Yui looked back at Izaya, who had already gotten up. "I take it's not good is it."

"No, it's not. Shinra and Shizuo might die, so please excuse me," she responded as she called Orochi. Orochi appeared and Yui climbed on him. They left.

Shinra and Shizuo dying? That would mean he'd be almost completely alone. His only real friend was Shinra and just having Shizuo acknowledge him made him feel like there were people he could turn to. If those 2 died then . . .

Izaya felt something wet on his face. He was . . . crying?! It was like in his nightmares: Shinra and Shizuo would be gone and he'd be alone. And because of what he did he would also get Yui to leave him.

It was that moment he realized: he fucked up.