Recovery

The next morning, the news of the arrest of Ichiro Nakanishi and his family was airing. Since Yui was the only one who wasn't involved, she got off the hook. Chiyo was found dead and Haruka was classified as missing. 

During the next few months, Izaya recovered and went back to his old self. Except now his insecurities were gone. He still enjoyed manipulating people and turning simple situations with games, though on a slightly smaller scale. He was still a meddling little shit. After all, Yui could make him calm down but stop him was something not even an act of God could do. The greatest improvement was his relationship with Shizuo. They took a more live and let live approach and became somewhat civil. They sometimes ignored each other on the streets and left each other alone and on occasion got to talk over a glass of milk and some fatty tuna. As mentioned earlier, not even an act of God could make Izaya stop being annoying so their cat and mouse chase still continued and Ikebukuro was recked on a semi-daily basis. He was also much more cautious with the sole "friends " he had around him. He also developed a habit of sneaking into Yui's apartment when she wasn't home and "surprising" her.

BOOM!

Thunder roared through the stormy night. Yui was trying to fall back asleep. She felt something warm holding her. She snuggled into it. Wait, what?!

Yui looked up and saw Izaya snuggled into her hair. She shot up like a rocket and kicked him off the bed. His eyes fluttered open only to see Yui glaring at him. "Yui *yawn* what was that for?"

"What the hell are you doing here?! How did you even get past Orochi?!" she yelled back.

Izaya chuckled and looked back at her. "Well I wasn't feeling like sleeping by myself tonight since I was afraid I might get another nightmare, so I decided to come here. All I had to do was bring the snake some sake and he let me in."

Damn that sake-loving snake!

"You were just lonely again weren't you?" 

"Ding, ding! You know me so well, Yu-chan."

She threw a pillow at him. "Get the fuck out of my house Izaya."

"Aaaw, c'mon. My bed is cold, plus I missed you," he answered with a failed attempt at puppy dog eyes. "Besides I remember you saying you would stay with me no matter what."

Lighting flashed threw the windows as the rain kept pouring. Right, Yui did say something similar to that and know she was starting to regret it. "Fine! But, you're leaving in the morning. And don't wake me up again!"

She went back under the covers, soon joined by Izaya. The next morning, Izaya kept pestering Yui to stay just a little longer. Meanwhile, Orochi was still passed out drunk because of all the sake he drank. Yui was attempting to push him out the door of the apartment complex, but he avoided it and sat on the couch in the lobby with that shit-eating grin of his. Then, Yui had an idea. She walked outside and yelled. "Shizuo, Izaya's at my house and won't leave!"

"IZAYAAAAAAA!!!"

As soon as he heard that, Izaya ran out the door. But, not before giving Yui a goodbye kiss on the lips. "Damn you Orihara," she mumbled under her breath as she went back inside. Still, she was happy.

In life, the god made the non-believer smile more than once. However, only 3 moments mattered: the god going back to being some what human, the birth of the demi-god, and the death of the non-believer.