Help

Shizuo was on his way home after a long shift when he received a message from an anonymous user. It said something about the Nakanishi family looking for Yui and now were targeting him and Shinra. "The hell?"

He began to make his way to Shinra's apartment. As he made his way through one of the empty streets, two very large men in suits walked up behind him. 

Wham! One of them pulled out a thick baton and hit Shizuo as hard as he could. 

Shizuo's head began to bleed as he stumbled forward. To the surprise of the 2 men, Shizuo chuckled. "You were trying to knock me out, weren't you? That means what you get is what you deserve!"

Now I'm sure we all know what happened next.

When Shinra got the same message, Celty freaked out. She immediately trapped him inside a bubble of shadows and waited patiently for someone to show up with her scythe. She heard a knock on the window. She looked out the window and saw Yui on the balcony with Orochi.

Celty opened the window and let Yui in. She began typing. "Yui what are you doing here?"

"I came to see if you guys are okay. I know Shizuo can handle himself, so it's mainly Shinra I'm worried about," Yui answered as she walked inside. "I'm assuming that he is inside the black bubble."

"Yeah, hi Yui," answered Shinra. "Ya mind convincing Celty to let me out?"

"I don't think that is currently possible, Mr. Shinra," responded Orochi as he shrunk to a smaller size and slithered onto Yui's arm. Shinra sweatdrops and groans.

There was a knock on the door. Both women tensed up. The voice that followed was one they were relieved to hear. "Hey, can I come in? I heard Shinra was gonna be attacked, too."

Celty opened the door and Shizuo walked in with a bloody forehead. She typed furiously. "What the hell happened to you?!"

"Two guys tried to knock me out with a club or something," he answered as he sat on the couch. "Anyway, where's Shinra?"

"In here." 

Shizuo turned and saw the black bubble where the voice came from. "Celty put me in here so I would be safe."

Shizuo kept looking at the bubble. "Yeah, I was hoping you'd take a look at my head for a minute."

Yui chimed in, "I can help with that. I can insert a venom that can temporarily give you accelerated healing."

Shizuo looked back at her. "Sure, that works I guess."

"Give me your hand."

Shizuo stretched his hand out and Yui bit into it inserting the venom. She then let go. A few minutes later, Shizuo's wounds were healed. "It should last about 24 hours."

"Thanks, Yui. I owe ya one," Shizuo answered with a smirk.

Celty tapped on Yui's shoulder. "Yui, do you know how your family found you?"

Yui sighed. "Yes, I do. And it has something to do with a certain poison I injected into the flea."

Shizuo's grip on the couch tightened. "The flea is behind this?" he growled.

"Not exactly, I have some fault here, too," said Yui rather quickly.

Yui began telling them everything from her observations to the nightmares. Everyone else just sat quietly and listened. Hell, even Shizuo began feeling sorry for Izaya, especially when Yui said the main reason he annoyed him was that he felt lonely and wanted Shizuo to acknowledge him. Yui continued, "I guess he wanted to get back at me for it, so he got my family involved. Though I was planning on helping him get it together when it was all over."

"Wait so was it you who sent that message?" asked Celty.

"What message?" asked Yui.

Celty opened Shinra's phone and showed her. Yui looked at it for a moment. "No, I didn't."

"If you didn't send then who did?" asked Shizuo.

"Maybe it was Izaya," said Shinra, still inside the bubble of shadows.

"Please, like that flea would ever do that!" growled Shizuo.

"Still, it kinda makes sense," continued Shinra. "If these nightmares really did take a heavy toll on his psyche to the point of realizing how much he needs the people around him, then it makes sense he'd want to avoid the loss of these people."

Speaking of Izaya, he had just arrived back into his apartment. He sat down and immediately began doing research on the Nakanishis. He realized he screwed up big time: he just wanted to annoy Yui a little more as payback, no put the lives of the people he actually cares about. It dropped on him like a bomb: he was the god of Ikebukuro, why should he care about others, including Shizuo of all people?! It's them that should all care about him and worship him as their god! It was only when Yui came around and was starting to make him realize what was really going on. As such, she was diminishing his status back to being human because she believed it would help him. What does she think gives her the right to decide that?! She is nothing but a mere hum- . . . she's not a human and still doesn't believe in him. She doesn't believe in the god in front of her. Hell, even a monster should fall below god and yet she doesn't. 

Izaya chuckled at the thought. "She got me good, didn't she? Hell, I'm trying to save Shinra and Shizu-chan of all people."

Then, he pressed send.

He could forgive them annoying Yui but attempting to kill those he needs was something he would never let go if his life depended on it.