God

Izaya had a bit of a god complex. He believed that he was the closest thing to a god of the underworld. Specifically Ikebukuro. He walked with a slight skip in his step as he usually does, in his hand the fatty tuna he just got at Russia Sushi. He sat down on a bench in a park and began to eat. It was one of his favorite places in Ikebukuro. It was where he would usually observe his lovely humans while enjoying fatty tuna. It was also the route a black-haired woman would take home. 

Normally, he would ignore it, but this was a different case. She somehow was always around whenever he came to Ikebukuro. She worked at a supermarket he frequented. She would also be a part of the audience whenever he fought Shizuo, either in the crowd or watching through the supermarket windows. Every time she always wore the same thing, either her work clothes or a white sundress that went to her knees, black pants, and some shoes. It was always the same thing. He made a mental note to look into her later. For now, he was busy with another job. 

"IZAYAAAAAAA!!!!"

Plus he also needed to run from a certain blonde beast. He dodged a flying vending machine, a smirk still plastered on his face.

"What's the matter Shizu-chan? I'm just trying to enjoy a snack," he said in a teasing tone.

This just made Shizuo angrier. "Don't give me that crap! I told you to stay out of Ikebukuro, ya jackass!"

He pulled a street sign out of the ground and Izaya pulled out his knife. Izaya noticed the girl was watching not too far from them. He began to run with Shizuo chasing after him. Shizuo only stopped when Izaya grabbed the girl by the waist and held his knife to her neck, just an inch away from slicing her throat. Both were unaware of what she was planning.

"Master, should I gut him and eat his soul?"

"No, I've got a plan."

"But, I do very much wish to kill him."

"Calm yourself Orochi."

Shizuo couldn't do anything. If he tried to his Izaya he would end up getting his friend, Yui, hurt, either by his or Izaya's hands. "Damn you, Izaya."

"C'mon, Shizu-chan. Aren't you going to try to hit me already?"

Shizuo growled. Then, Yui spoke up. "Shizuo get the vending machine to your left and throw it at us."

Shizuo looked at the vending machine and back at her. "But, you'll get hi-"

"Just trust me."

"Master are you insane?!"

"Fine, but if you get hurt don't complain," he responded as he walked to the vending machine. 

Izaya was pretty surprised. Was this girl really this sure that she wouldn't get hurt, by Shizu-chan of all people. He suddenly felt a firm grip on his hand that was on her waist. "I'd prefer if you didn't run off this time," she said as she looked at him with blood-red eyes.

Izaya couldn't help but laugh. "Hahahahaha! You're willing to get a concussion just so I get hit? This is why I love humans!"

It was then that Shizuo threw the vending machine. Yui slammed the back of her head onto Izaya and stepped on his foot. She freed herself from his grip and managed to dodge the machine while he was hit. Both were fairly surprised. Yui just went next to Shizuo. "Told you."

"Master, you have to be one of the most reckless humans out there."

Izaya was the most surprised out of the 2, Shizuo had already caught a few glimpses at this side of her. She not only managed to escape him but also dodge a vending machine from Shizu-chan. He stood up and laughed. "Hahahahaha! That was just so fun! I'm impressed. I'll have to look into you."

Yui just sighed. "Well, Shizuo he's all yours," she stated as she walked away.

That snapped Shizuo out of his trance. "Thanks. IZAYAAAA!!!"

Both proceeded with their game of cat and mouse. As usual, Izaya managed to escape and went home. He went inside and sat in his chair. He began to start typing very quickly, the smirk on face wider than usual. 

"You seem happy," noted Namie.

"Oh Namie, I just had a run-in with one of the most interesting humans ever!"

"Is that so? I assume that's just another pawn for your games?"

"Why of course! Now I can't miss the opportunity to have such an interesting and entertaining person as a piece. Though there might be a chance that she isn't human. All the more fun I guess!"

He recalled how her eye color changed and how the shape of her pupils became thin like a reptile's. This was going to be fun. He began his research. After all, he needed to have an edge over her. He was a god, he needed to have an edge over all his humans.