♕ Chapter 1 - The Party Behind the Oak Tree

A young teenage girl with ombre hair tied into a tight ponytail walked briskly along the narrow pathway of Rocklore Shore Avenue on Earth. She was a bit conscious of herself, patting her puffy sleeves of her elegant lavender colored turtleneck dress, carrying a small purse with her. She looked around for signs of anyone but the whole area seemed deserted. There were a few shops around the sides of the pathway. Everything seemed closed. It was rather too early for shops to open on a day like this. It was quite hot around the place as it was early July. Rocklore Shore Avenue was near a beach though, so there was a light breeze to give that cooling effect. The sun was beginning to rise slowly. The glorious red and orange skies were slowly turning into a pale blue.

Princess Aero quickly turned a corner and again glancing around for any sign of anyone, she took out a huge stick from her purse. Of course, any mortal or human who saw it would have thought it was pretty and quite an expensive stick. Something like a Queen would hold on her coronation day like a scepter. But this was no ordinary scepter, it was a magical one. Yet again, glancing around cautiously, Aero went into a dark, narrow pathway which was between two huge buildings that stood on either side of the path. There was barely any space to breathe but this would do for now. No mortal should see her do this. It was against the magical laws of the world she belonged to. She took her scepter and waved it once around her, giving an elegant twirl and muttered at the same time in a whisper 'Teleportix Divinia Park'.

She felt a painful sensation as she was compressed tightly into a ball; her surroundings quickly vanished and she disappeared into a puff of smoke, only leaving a bit of pink glitter behind. She couldn't feel her feet until the moving surroundings stopped and the painful sensation slowly wore off. She opened her eyes which were tightly shut due to the force of the painful sensation and smiled faintly to see Divinia Park before her eyes. The huge trees stood tall and proudly on either side and far beyond, she could see the glittering Fountain of Dreams. The fountain was always rumored to have made dreams come true but very rarely. Either way, it's "rare magic" never worked on Aero as she gave up believing this theory years ago. She walked towards it slowly, still aware of her surroundings.

She stood before the Fountain; breathing in the natural and peaceful air around her. Reaching for her little pink pouch that was tied tightly around her waist; Aero took out one single, sparkling diamond and tossed it gracefully into the Fountain of Dreams.

At that very moment; she felt tingly all over her body and was forced to close her eyes. A voice like an angel's spoke; 'Do you wish to seek the Fairy of the Fountain of Dreams?'

"Yes", answered Aero, quietly.

After a short pause; the same voice spoke in a bit of a sing – along – voice, 'You're coming after a tough day of lessons from Royale High for the summer holidays. You summon your Teleportix staff to Sunset Island and disappear in a whirl of pink sparkles. You then find yourself acquainted with the warm sands, coastal breeze and dazzling sunlight of Sunset Beach. You notice a group of familiar faces from Royale High and head over to them out of curiosity. A mermaid with deep sapphire – blue scales, silky cerulean hair, golden yellow eyes notices you; welcomes you into the group, and introduces herself as Marina. She asks you if you would like to join the group in a Marine Life Exploration. You decide it would be interesting to join. Where would you choose to go to – ?'

Aero didn't take much time to answer, "The open waters", it was the place she first discovered the coral mermaids with her best friend; Jenna.

She suddenly heard a huge splash and was finally allowed to open her eyes. On the tiers of the fountain, she found a bunch of sparkling diamonds shining in the sunlight. She took them one by one and slipped it into her pouch. The moment she was done, she heard someone call her name out loud, "AERO! AERO! Over here!" She turned around quickly and was excited to see her two good friends who studied with her in Royale High the previous year.