♕ Chapter 8 - A Narrow Escape

"I just can't figure out who it could be...", said Daniel distressed. He and DJ were walking through the hallway together. There were a few students rummaging through their lockers and the prefects were busy telling them off. It was around seven in the evening. The boys were heading downstairs for dinner.

"Did you ask Damien and Julian?", asked DJ.

"Yeah – they said it wasn't them... although when I told Julian about how I got that letter from Anonymous and everything... he seemed pretty suspicious and suggested something interesting and most likely the plausible answer", said Daniel deep in thought.

"And what's that?", asked DJ eagerly.

"He suggested maybe it could have been the killer themselves... and it actually kinda adds up... when I went to the music room, nobody was there cause obviously cause there was no band practice. The killer lured me there to give me that letter", explained Daniel. 

"It seems possible but how would the killer even know that you're a part of the band?", asked DJ.

"Dude – isn't it obvious? I mean, take a look at the thousand posters all around the school!", cried Daniel raising his arms dramatically. He pointed at a poster closest to them, stuck up a little tilted on the wall. In the poster, Daniel was standing on one side playing his electric guitar, Julian playing the drums at the back, Damien on the other side playing his keytar and Jason in the front with his microphone. "Look! This poster's from last year's Royale Christmas Celebration".

"Riiight... but why lure you to the music room? There are a thousand other rooms, yeah?", asked DJ again.

"I dunno, plus that's not really important. But it seems a lot easier for the killer to lure me this way and it was pretty smart", said Daniel thoughtfully.

The boys walked downstairs when Jett came flying from the window and landed on Daniel's shoulder. 

"Your fly today was pretty long, huh? I was actually beginning to worry about you", said Daniel looking over at Jett. 

"Royale High has a huge amount of amazing and delicious fruits that I quite enjoyed eating myself", said Jett patting his whole feathered body with his wings.

"Some of them can be poisonous and can cause irresistible sleep for whoknows how long", said DJ laughing quietly. 

Jett gasped, "Nonsense", he said turning his beautiful head to the other side crossly.

The café was full. But Daniel and DJ caught a seat luckily at the way corner of the room. After getting their dinner, the boys say down comfortably on their seats while Jett dosed off on the seat next to Daniel.

Daniel caught sight of Aero and Jenna sitting with their friends; Carol, Leana and Jeneviève, a bit far from them. Aero's back was to Daniel but Jenna spotted Daniel looking over at them and turned to the girls, whispering something. To Daniel's embarrassment, all the girls immediately turned to look at him and they all began laughing loudly while Aero just smiled innocently at him. Daniel felt himself go red in the face and turned quickly towards Jett poking him hard.

"Ayy! What was that for sir Daniel?", cried the bird squawking loudly.

"Shh!!", cried Daniel, "I was just checking if you were still alive".

Jett groaned and flew from the café back to the gardens.

"You okay, man?", asked DJ. He was sitting opposite Daniel looking at him concerned.

Daniel nodded, "Yeah...". He could still see from the corner of his eyes; some of the girls still scoffing at him especially Jenna. 

"It's not normal to just suddenly poke your pet to see if they're alive, you know", said DJ with a smirk.