♕ Chapter 6 - The Letter from Anonymous

The next morning, all the students were hyped about the scheduled meeting the Headmistress had organized. Aero was up and about, getting dressed. But, when she got out of her bedroom, Shiromi was nowhere around. Her bedroom door was locked and there was no answer from the inside when Aero tried calling out to her. 'Maybe she must have left early?', thought Aero and got out of the dorm room, placing the keys in her small satchel after locking the door.

The halls were filled with students. Aero decided to get breakfast from the café downstairs before the meeting. There was still an hour left for it to start anyway.

Downstairs at the café, Aero was met by Daniel and Jenna who had just finished off their breakfast. They were about to leave when they saw Aero coming the opposite way.

"Aero!", they cried simultaneously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were sitting in the café at a seat next to the huge windows of Royale High. It was pretty cloudy outside and the sun had not risen yet. Jenna had just excused herself to get a Blood Night milkshake.

"She has such a huge appetite. I don't think I can fit another milkshake after that breakfast I had", said Daniel.

"I guess so, I don't mind a milkshake after this though", commented Aero. She was munching on some bread with bacon and eggs, "What happened yesterday was crazy though, wasn't it?"

"Yeah – my parents were so upset about it; they were telling me to leave the school immediately. I told them that if it happened again and other people were leaving then I'd come back home"

"Oh... err... I actually knew that girl – Vanessa Springflower"

"Oh! Is it that Spring Town Mayor's daughter?", asked Daniel raising his eyebrows. Aero nodded.

"They came over to meet our family during the spring of last year. That's the only time I remember meeting them", said Daniel thoughtfully.

"Who do you think she was killed by?"

"I dunno... maybe Alec, he wasn't in his dorm last night when I came", said Daniel. There was uncertainty in the way he said it.

"Really Daniel? Isn't that a little... extreme?", asked Aero taking a bite from her bacon.

"I'm not accusing him. I'm just doubtful, okay? I already told you, that guy is suspicious. I just can't figure him out. Did you ask Jenna about him?"

"Yes, well... she's still on his side. She said something about him being a good darklander like herself. But I don't know if that's true. She also told me you were the one who started the fight yesterday and not Alec"

"Oh...", Daniel didn't say anything for some time. Aero stared at him crossly. "Okay fine – I'll admit, it could have been me. I was so angry to see him and all the murders and devastation he created in our kingdom came over to me; he doesn't deserve to just learn in Royale High peacefully"

"But Daniel, whether he murdered someone from our kingdom or not, it doesn't mean you should just –"

"I know, I know –", said Daniel shrugging his shoulders.

"By the way, where's Jett?", asked Aero noticing the chatter bird missing.

"He went out to fly. He may come back now... he doesn't want to miss the meeting at eight", said Daniel.

Jenna took her seat next to Aero and placed a long glass of dark red milkshake on the table. "So, where were we?"

"How do you even drink that?", asked Daniel feeling sick all of a sudden.