♕ Chapter 10 - Another Survivor

Valentina must've left since she was nowhere to be seen when Todoroki entered.

Luke didn't speak immediately. The rest of them were casting glances and worried looks when Luke finally spoke, "Our only evidence was the footage in the security cameras on the ground floor. But unfortunately, the day after the so-called killer killed its first victim, all the cameras of the ground floor were cut presumably by the killer. But no one found out about it until today".

Aero, Jenna, Daniel and DJ brightened up.

"So... your statements are the only ones we can cling on to... for now", he said. He looked at all of them suspiciously, "I'm not leaving you guys that easily. All three of you –", he pointed at DJ, Aero and Jenna, "will be watched closely from now on. Since Daniel's a part of the council – everyone will already be watching him".

Before he left, he turned once more and said, "Get better soon, Daniel – you still have a lot to learn before becoming a real prefect leader". He slammed the door behind him.

"Man – I hate that guy", muttered DJ as soon as the door banged shut.

"He acts like he owns the place or something", said Aero impatiently, "Why are they even interrogating us like we killed somebody?"

"It's probably because of the killer's appearance. Security has been pretty tight after that... yesterday before beginning my patrol, Luke and Shannon sat the whole student council down to talk about our new responsibilities. We were to interrogate everyone whenever we were suspicious and that meant getting solid-proof evidence as well since it's a killer we're dealing with here. We were allowed to check the security cameras whenever we wanted as well, by just asking Audrey who's in charge of it", explained Daniel.

'So, that's why you kept on asking me what I was up to' , Aero mumbled to herself.

"I didn't know Audrey was in charge of the security cameras as well", exclaimed Jenna.

"Yeah, she's in charge. If you don't know already – she's the all-time school gossiper and is famous for her 'Royale Tea' vlog, so that's why she's in charge –", he stopped abruptly suddenly lost in thought, "Another Galexian!", he yelled all of a sudden which made the others look at him confusedly.

"What –", asked DJ cluelessly.

"I just... never mind – ", he said realizing Aero was with them.

"Do you guys realize you two were just saved by the killer?", said Jenna amusedly.

"I wonder why they cut the security cameras after killing their first victim and letting everyone get a glimpse of how they look", said Daniel deep in thought.

"This killer business just keeps getting more and more mysterious", commented DJ.

"We have to find out more clues guys... we need to investigate as much as we can. As far as I can tell – none of the higher ups even care about the killer", said Aero folding her arms. Everyone nodded in agreement.

_____________________________________________________

By the next day, Daniel seemed much better and finally got discharged by the consent of the nurse. He was thrilled when the nurse told him he was alright to go for class after she checked his arm.

"Thanks a lot for your help, Mrs. Locklear", he exclaimed contently.

Thana Locklear nodded, grinning at him sweetly, "You, out of yor frends is the only one that was very nice. Bless you my dear and don't move that arm too much!".

Daniel left for his first class; Literature. None of his friends knew he was discharged and he knew they wouldn't be coming to meet him in the hospital wing either that morning since they were all busy.