18 In between 18

Lloyd POV

Darkness. That is all I could see. I tried to move my hands around but nothing would happen.  I don't know how long it's been but it feels like an eternity. Being trapped in darkness makes you reflect on a lot too. All I could think about was the others. I missed them so much. But there was someone that I missed the most, Kai. We were starting to get close too. I love him so much but I am stuck in this darkness. I tried to move my hands again but they wouldn't move.This has been what I have been doing this whole time. Trying to find hope but losing it every time. I wonder if I am going to be like this forever? But there was a little voice in my head that said I wasn't, that there is hope. I just don't know when it will come.

Kai POV

It has been a couple of hours since we rescued Lloyd from the city. The others came out fine and most of the oni were destroyed from the light. But Asphare is still out there. The others found me with him still resting in my arms. At least my luv will be safe now. A gust of wind came and an anchor came for us. The four came down and hugged me.

"Kai you did it thank gosh." Cole said, patting my back.

"It took some time but he should be okay now." I tell them. I picked Lloyd up in a bridal style as we headed towards the monastery. When I got inside Garmadon rushed to help me.  His face was relieved to see his son safe again.

"Thank you father for returning my son."

I walk down the hallway to his room. 'Coming here felt better with him.' Then I gently place him down on the bed, trying to make it comfortable for him. It was just us in his room. No more villains to hurt him, just me and him, relaxed. I laughed a bit knowing that this will be the rare occasion during a long fight that we are able to rest. I pulled up a chair and placed it close to Lloyd. Since he has been wearing the headpiece for some time, his appearance has changed too. His jet black hair was turning to a brunette colour. And his skin isn't as ghostly pale as before. I ruffled his hair a bit and smiled looking at Lloyd. Then I grabbed his hand and felt my eyes get heavy.

-=-=-Time skip -=-=-

I woke up from a sudden movement. I looked where it was coming from and it was Lloyd slowly waking too. I scooted closer to him, too eager for this movement. His eyelids opened up and I was greeted by different coloured eyes that I was used to. He had his beautiful green colour but close to the pupil was a brown colour. It was stunning to see. 

"Lloyd!" I yelled as I lunged into his arms. Tears fell from my face as I saw him up again.He hugged me tight and said, " Kai! I missed you so much."

We were both an emotional mess, a good emotional mess. Tears going everywhere and as we exchange how much we missed each other.

"How long have I been out for?"
"Around a week."

He looked at me and his expression was sad. I hugged him tight and whispered, "I know you've been thrown a lot but it's okay you're safe now."

"It's not that it's just... I can't imagine how it must have been for you. I'm sorry."

"Hey don't apologise to me Lloyd Montgrommery. We didn't know this would happen. But all that matters right now is you recovering alright? Sensei said your dragon and oni side are trying to be balanced right now meaning that you are in a weird in between spot with your powers. But it's okay, I'll be with you every step of the way."

He placed his head on my shoulder and said, " You are such a gentleman, jez. A very hotheaded gentleman."

I kissed him on the forehead and replied, "come on I think you're still tired, let's go to bed alright green bean?"