19 tired 19

Kai Pov

It has been a couple of days since Lloyd has come back. His oni and dragon blood are still balancing but Sensei told us it will take some time for that. The team was currently training to get ready for the upcoming battle between Asphare. During warm ups, Sensei became ruthless to us and forced us to Run up the stairs back to the monastery.

"I'm totally going to beat you all." Cole said in a cocky manner.

"Well you can get the lead start, this is going to take forever." Jay complained.

"It will take us an estimated 20 minutes to climb up the stairs in a brisk jog. 50 for Jay since he is slow and short."

"oh even better thanks Zane."

"You guys complain too much, let's run." Nya said. I stared back at Sensei talking to Lloyd about the headpiece on his head. They talked a bit until Sensei called me over. I rushed to him and saw Lloyd blush a bit. How cute of him. I smiled wide at him and looked back at Sensei.

"You called me Sensei?"

"Yes I was wondering if you can help Lloyd train for something else. Since his state drains his energy, I will not let him or you train with the others. Instead we need to train for something that could help us with the battle against Asphare. I'll explain more once we go inside."

"Sensei, when can we start?" Jay yelled at him, interrupting our conversation.

"Start now. Lloyd and Kai will catch up later."

He rang a gong and they all began to run. As for the three of us, we took our dragons up to the monastery. Once we arrived back at the entrance, Sensei Wu walked us into the scroll room. I grabbed Lloyds hand and lightly squeezed it.

"Are you okay, green bean? You haven't said that much this morning."

"Yeah I'm ok honey. Sorry I'm still feeling tired."

"It's okay don't apologise Lloyd. Maybe after this we can take a nap."

He nodded his head and leaned in for a kiss. We entered the scroll room to see thousands of the scrolls laid out across the table. On the middle of the table was a scroll that Sensei Wu must have been reading a lot.Looking close to the scroll there was A golden figure displayed with the different powers they can possess. Me and Lloyd sat next to each other while Sensei sat on the other side explaining the scroll.

" We found out how to defeat Asphare but it requires you to unlock your golden powers again." I stare back at Lloyd who tenses up hearing it. He kept it a secret from everyone else but me that he was scared of his golden power. Before the battle, his golden power wasn't fully unlocked making it easier for him to control. But he said after the final battle, he kept getting nightmares from his golden power. He held my hand and I held back making sure he felt safe. "There is still more power you need to unlock but we need to head to the temple of light on the dark island in order to get your powers again."

"Yes Sensei I understand." Lloyd responded.

"I just wanted to tell you both since you Lloyd is going to use the power and you Kai since you and him are very close. Also on that note you both are dismissed from training. Go rest you two; we have to travel to the dark island in the morning." We bowed and thanked Sensei before we left the room and headed straight to Lloyds room. He looked a bit sluggish and I could see him trying to not fall asleep. I picked him up bridal style which caught him off guard.

"Kai what are you doing ?"

"Just making sure you don't fall asleep. Just enjoy it, okay green bean."