Chapter 6

The villagers stood by watching Lee who was tied to a wooden pole.

"Hey, there they are! I told you they'd come!" The boy grinned.

Zuko and I got off the ostrich horse. My attention averted to the soldiers who were preparing for a fight. We approached them.

"Let the kid go," Zuko demanded.

Gow laughed loudly,"Who do you think you are? Telling us what to do?"

"It doesn't matter who I am, but I know who you are. You're not soldiers, your bullies, freeloaders abusing your power. Mostly over women and kids. You don't want Lee in your army, your sick cowards messing with a family who's already lost one son to the war," Zuko replied.

Gow turned his head to his men, "Are you going to let this stranger stand there and insult you like this?!"

A soldier charged at Zuko spear in hand. I ran towards the soldier forcefully kicking him in the liver. The spear flew out of his hand and I went back to where Zuko was. The soldier ran away. I smirked.

"Bring it," I muttered.

Zuko pushed me aside. He wanted to do it himself, I rolled my eyes a bit. 

Another soldier came to Zuko as Zuko ducked under the spear pushing the shaft upward then pushing the soldier to the floor with his hand on his head. He then ran away. Meanwhile the last one charged at me as I used a smaller version the octopus technique to throw him roughly to the ground past where Gow stood. Be crawled away.

Gow pulled out his hammer as Zuko pulled out the dual swords motioning me to get the kid. I nodded running towards Lee. Gow began hurling boulders at me as I swiftly avoided them. I sliced one with water as two boulders came my way. Avoiding getting hit with the larger boulder, the smaller one hit me so hard I flew a couple of feet. I gasped loudly from the pain.

"Kya!"

I forced myself back up getting to Lee untying him.

"Kya?" Lee said.

I plainly winked at the kid.

"Huh?" Lee said confused.

"Look out!" I heard a man yell.

"Behind you!" Lee yelled out after looking to Zuko.

I turned gasping as Gow threw repeated throws which Zuko barely manages to break. I got impatient and worried, slicing the ropes Lee was in.

I jolted back widening my eyes as Zuko flew and landed on his head on a the ground. A loud thud echoed through my ears. I sprinted back to Zuko jumping over Gow landing on my knees, not caring that I had probably scraped them. 

I got scared Zuko wouldn't move. Gow watched us sadistically as I pulled Zuko closer shaking him.

"Zuko please get up," I whispered looking back at Gow who started to approach us.

"Just get up damn it!" I yelled at Zuko.

I was extremely angry, more then I usually show. As Gow got closer I took the water out preparing to brace myself with what little resources I had. The air grew thicker as I tried to get water from the barrels the merchant owned.

"You'll regret this," I growled.

"Want me to do what I did to your boyfriend?" He smirked.

I glared at him, freezing the ice into gauntlets on my fists. I felt a hand pull me back. Zuko had woken up. I sighed in relief until I saw Zuko's anger in this eyes,

"Stay back," He ordered.

I had never felt more serious about Zuko's anger before now. Zuko unleashed a blast of fire making Gow go back. I widened my eyes looking at Lee who watched with fear. Everyones attention was on Zuko as I ran back to Lee, dropping the ice. I grabbed him and ran back to his mother where she yanked him out of my hands. She hugged him tightly as I continued to watch Zuko and Gow continue their fight. Gow was lying on debris as Zuko looked down on him.