Chapter 15

I let out a breath of air as we got ready to leave in the middle of the night. I didn't tell Iroh where we were going but I knew he knew what we were up to. I wore a cloak a mask with a straw hat as Zuko wore the Blue Spirit mask. I froze water on my fingers creating claws while Zuko grabbed his dual swords.

Before we left Zuko turned to me, giving me a quick peck and placed his forehead on mine. I enjoyed the moment of warms before we jumped out the window, climbing onto the roof. We scanned the area searching for the Dai Li. Spotting one Zuko jumped of the roof. I shadowed him from above. Zuko then ran by and pushed past the Dai Li.

"Outta my way skinny," Zuko said still running.

The Dai Li agent chased Zuko into an alley. Zuko jumped back up to where I was. While the Dai Li agent shot at a dummy Zuko and I made, decapitating it. In the Dai Li's confused state, we jumped off the roof as I shot a hand of my ice claws pinning the man to the wall. Zuko stood infront of the man placing the dual swords to his neck.

"If you don't want to end up like him, you'll do as I say," Zuko threatened.

"Now talk," I ordered.

The Dai Li agent told us that a man with the name Long Feng ordered to keep Appa in Lake Laogai, which had a bunker under the water. We reached the lake looking for where to enter. I looked at the lake seeing a path a few inches under the water. I bended the water, clearing the path. Then I signaled Zuko over as we ran down the narrow path. Zuko pushed the rock out of the way as we climbed down.

We reached the bottom as we ran to go find the tunnels. It was dark and the air was thicker. Crystals lit the never ending tunnels under the lake. An eerie feeling echoed through the tunnels.

"Ba Sing Se is a lot more shady then what the world thinks," I whispered bluntly.

Zuko nodded as we slid open the cement door. I saw Appa as a rush of emotion flew over me. The poor guy was terrified.

"Expecting someone else?" Zuko asked with his blades still in hand.

"Put those away," I ordered as Appa growled in fear.

I slowly approached an uneasy Appa,"Don't you remember me buddy?" I pulled my mask down,"It's Kya," I said softly to the giant bison.

He relaxed a bit giving a groan. He had chains on all his feet. Poor Appa, just what have you been through. I stroked his cheek. He groaned sadly.

"Your mine now," Zuko said. I snapped my head towards the door. It was opening.

Zuko and I turned prepared to fight. Iroh walked in. I sighed in relief relaxing my shoulders which had been tense this whole time.

"Uncle?" Zuko asked.

"So the Blue Spirit," Iroh said stroking his beard,"I wonder who could be behind that mask. Would you mind to tell me Kya?"

"What are you doing here?" Zuko asked in a sigh, taking off his mask.

"I was just about to ask you two the same thing," Iroh replied as I stared at the two,"What do you plan to do now that you found the Avatar's bison? Keep it locked in our new apartment? Should I go put on a pot of tea for him?" Iroh said angrily.

"First I have to get it out of here," Zuko said.

"And then what?!" Iroh snapped making my pupils shake a bit,"You never think these things through. This is exactly what happened when you captured the Avatar at the North Pole! You had him and then you had no where to go!"

The tension grew in this large cell. I tried walking closer but I walked slowly trying not to agitate the situation even more.

"I would have figured something out!" Zuko yelled defensively.