Chapter 18

We got off the carriage as I admired the large palace. Zuko held my hand, giving it a small squeeze, they were cold. I hummed a bit in response to his gesture as we looked upon the palace.

"Many times I've imagined myself here. At the threshold of the palace," Iroh said as we walked to the entrance,"But I always thought I would be here as a conqueror, instead we are the Earth King's personal guest, here to serve him tea. Destiny is a funny thing,"

"It sure is, uncle," Zuko replied looking at me.

I smiled in agreement. Iroh said the same thing to be when Zuko almost left with Azula while we were at that Fire Nation colony. It felt so long ago, a completely different life.

>>>

We were seated at a small table infront of the Earth Kings throne waiting for him to show up. Iroh poured tea calmly.

"Somethings off," I muttered to myself, we had been waiting for a while now. Everything that was telling me could go wrong was going wrong.

"What's taking so long?" Zuko asked.

"Maybe the Earth King over slept," Iroh replied.

I doubt that.

Dai Li agents started to enter the room surrounding us. That's when I realized I should've listened to my instincts a long time ago.

"Somethings not right," Zuko whispered.

"You think?" I whispered sarcastically.

"It's tea time," We heard the familiar female voice.

"Of course," I said, the situations pretty fucking peachy right now.

"Azula," Zuko quickly stood up.

"Have you met the Dai Li? They're earth benders but they have a killer instinct that's so fire bender. I just love it," Azula said with a smile.

"Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname, 'The Dragon of The West'?" Iroh asked standing up still holding his tea cup.

"I'm not interested in a lengthy anecdote, uncle," Azula responded a bit annoyed.

"It's more of a demonstration really," Iroh continued.

Zuko smirked grabbing my hand pulling me behind after being pushed back by Iroh and covering me. Iroh gave a large breath of fire and attacked the Dai Li.

"Woah," I said in shock. /

Zuko then shot at the wall creating an escape. We ran as the Dai Li chased closely behind us. We reached a dead end. Iroh quickly shot lightning blowing a hole in the wall. He then jumped out. I looked back at Zuko who stopped in his tracks.

"Come on! You'll be fine!" Iroh shouted from below.

"No. I'm tired of running. It's time I faced Azula," Zuko said looking at me.

I grabbed Zuko's hand, I looked at him, begging to come. I wasn't afraid of Azula, I was afraid of what she could do to Zuko's head. She was a perfect manipulator and Zuko is naive about his past.

"I have to do this," He said running back from where we came.

I ran behind him unfreezing the rings of water I placed on my arms. It was more convenient then carrying a waterskin under my dress. I created water arms as we stood infront of Azula who had the Dai Li at her side.

Safest city in the world my ass, first Lake Laogai and now this?

"You two must be sisters," Azula smirked at me,"I can see the resemblance,"