three

MESS IT UP
ACT THREE! - ' accepted calls '
date - 11 / 07 / 2022

MESS IT UPACT THREE! - ' accepted calls 'date - 11 / 07 / 2022

incoming call from teddy🧸

accept decline

accepted

THERE WAS A SLIGHT crackle of the line connecting as daisy held her breath, mentally cursing herself for even picking up

"hi," gracie's voice cut the silence, daisy biting her tongue.

"hi." she replied, curious to what gracie was going to say.

silence overcame the both of them, daisy wincing at the thick tension, crinkling her nose slightly. maybe the alcohol from last night was still fucking with her brain, but the silence felt like it went on for hours.

"fuck i shouldn't have called, im sorry." gracie apologized quickly, retreating against what she had called to say, shuffling on the other line letting daisy know she was going to hang up.

"wait, gracie, just stop," daisy sighed, exasperated as the shuffling grows quieter, gracie listening to her.

"just spit it out." she prompts, more hostile than she had intended, her curiosity getting the better of her. maybe a part of her hoped gracie had called to apologize, to plead for forgiveness with her instead of through a song.

"i saw your tweet. you know i apologized." gracie states finally, breaking the silence that had been overwhelming the call as she contemplated saying anything at all.

"god gracie," daisy groans, rubbing her temple. some part of her had a sliver of hope that gracie had called to actually maturely talk it out with her, but no. she had called to start yet another fucking argument.

"you barely even fucking apologized in person." daisy mutters, her headache increasing. she was most definitely hungover, and gracie was not making managing it any easier.