eight

MESS IT UP
ACT EIGHT! - ' the rest is up to fate '
date - 03 / 09 / 2022

DAYS PASSED, an unspoken tension building up between the girls, catalyzing a somber and dismal atmosphere within the apartment

DAYS PASSED, an unspoken tension building up between the girls, catalyzing a somber and dismal atmosphere within the apartment. daisy seemed habitually in a sour mood, and it had seeped off her and begun to leech onto gracie as well.

despite their time apart, gracie could still read daisy like a book, her being one of the few people that could do so. this lead her quickly to the conclusion that something august had said to her had pushed a shift in her behaviour, especially towards gracie.

she tried to overlook it, knowing daisy needed time to adapt to their growing relationship. she didn't want to admit how much it hurt when daisy would tense away from her touch, her fingertips barely skimming her skin making her look like she was going to be sick.

gracie felt awful, knowing she had caused this. she thought it her fault for leaving originally, she had become intimidated at the thought of intimacy far too late and couldn't think of a better solution than running away. she was cowardly, and hurt the girl she loved the most more than she ever thought possible.

gracie let out a soft sigh, forcing those thoughts to the furthest corner of her mind, instead opting to focus on the present.

the girls were tangled in daisy's bed, sunlight just barely beginning to glint through the teased open lace curtains. this was the way gracie liked it, having daisy completely comfortable in her arms, though it seemed only possible now in her unconscious state.

daisy's lips were slightly parted and chapped with sleep, her cheek pushed flush against the bare skin of gracie's collarbone.

gracie leant down, pressing the softest kiss to daisy's head as to not disturb her, her eyes remaining shut as she shuffled ever so slightly, her hand finding gracie's and pulling it so it was draped over her side.

gracie stifled a chuckle, using her nails to lightly scratch daisy's back, hinting her tank top up as daisy sighed blissfully, pressing a half-asleep kiss to gracie's shoulder.

gracie slipped into the comfortable embrace of sleep soon after, succumbing to the feeling of daisy in her arms and the soft whirring of the world around them beginning the process of waking up.

just as gracie had finally fallen asleep, daisy had done the opposite. her mind was dazed, the brain fog dissipating as she cast a glance towards gracie's sleeping figure, features overwhelmed with the calmness that came with sleep.

her eyebrows weren't furrowed with worry as they seemed to be ever since daisy arrived home from august's, her chestnut hair messy and draped over her shoulders. her chest moved up and down slowly, her breathing calm and rhythmic.

daisy couldn't help but feel a sense of confliction, her mind reeling as it contradicted itself in nearly every way. she wanted nothing more than to be able to envelope herself in the feeling of gracie's hold, but found herself unable too.