five

MESS IT UP
ACT FIVE! - ' over coffee, we'll talk '
date - 30 / 08 / 2022

WAKING UP NEXT TO GRACIE was one thing daisy swore she would never do again

WAKING UP NEXT TO GRACIE was one thing daisy swore she would never do again. however, on the morning of august thirtieth, she found her eyes fluttering open to flash around the blurry scene of a vaguely familiar room, though obviously not her own.

she closed them again nearly instantly, the pulsing sensation behind her eyes growing. she lets out an audible groan, cupping her forehead with the palm of her hand.

she squeezes her eyes shut for a few seconds. she opens them again when she feels more stable, blinking rapidly to clear her spotty vision.

sounds of the city poured through the open window, which let a soft morning breeze graze daisy's bare skin, leaving goosebumps in its place.

cars honked outside, filtered and muffled chatter between people on the street and birds in the trees spilled into the room before a fairly soft bang and the signature creak of the rusty window lock clicking shut, the abrupt silence making daisy's eyebrows furrow.

"im sorry, did that wake you?"

she nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a voice that couldn't have been more than a few feet from her.

the voice was soft and apologetic, and though there was an obvious familiarity, daisy was unable to pinpoint the owner. the voice was fairly soothing, sweet and low-toned, but it also brought an overwhelming sense of dread that crept through daisy's veins in an awful manner.

she pulled the comforter higher, just above her nose. the voice laughed. the comforter smelled of espresso and vanilla.

"are you hungover?" the voice asks, daisy giving an insouciant shrug in response, pulling the comforter down again.

she hadn't taken in her surroundings fully yet, instead leaving her eyes to trace from the dresser to the closet repetitively, finding a sense of comfort in the pattern, momentarily relieving her pounding headache.

she turns so she's laying on her back. she squints, confused. it could've been the light that tipped her off, or the pattern on the ceiling, but her eyes widen dramatically as her stomach drops and sobers her up, realizing whose bed she was in.

she thrusts the comforter off her and within an instant is standing, her legs wobbly as she grips the dresser for support. she's met with gracie standing next to the window still, shocked at her sudden movement, jaw slack as she stepped back slightly and muttered a soft 'oh' sound.

daisy's hand that wasn't gripping the dresser was held up, palm facing gracie as if to bar her from getting any closer, through she wasn't making any attempt to.

daisy looked down at herself, instantly feeling sick to her stomach. she was wearing an oversized graphic twilight shirt and plaid pajama pants, neither of which were her own.