twenty-six

MESS IT UP
ACT TWENTY-SIX! - ' dressing rooms '
date - 09 / 12 / 2023

MESS IT UPACT TWENTY-SIX! - ' dressing rooms 'date - 09 / 12 / 2023

GRACIE PARKED HER CAR OUTSIDE the looming, white brick building. olivia was bubbly and slightly fidgety in her front passenger seat, making her laugh. "what's gotten into you?" she turns her head to the brunette, who just grins deviously at the question. "nothing. let's just get going." she breaks eye contact quickly, grabbing her purse from her feet as gracie looks to her dubiously, furrowing her eyebrows.

she shrugs her shoulders, opening her car door and letting her dark blue converse hit the pavement. she started her walk to the main door, olivia hooking her arm into gracie's as she skipped along, tugging gracie along with her.

"oh my god livie," she laughed, almost tripping over her own feet as olivia pulled her harder, making her squirm her arm out of her hold. "you are being such a freak today." she shook her head, her lips parted into a smile as olivia almost buzzed with anticipation.

"i may have had 3 coffees, or 4..." she trails off, furrowing her eyebrows and scrunching her nose slightly in thought. "actually maybe 6? i dunno." she shrugs and turns back towards the door, continuing her skip as gracie sighs at the younger girls antics and crippling caffeine addiction. she would have lorelai gilmore beat by 4pm any day of the week, which surely wasn't healthy.

gracie was debating jogging to catch up to olivia, who was shifting her weight from foot to foot at the main entrance of the building, but decided that would be far too embarrassing and opted to just speed up her walk slightly until she reached the impatient girl. she opened her phone, pulling up the text taylor had sent her with the code to get in.

"70T," she began, hearing olivia begin to punch the code in. "184-AU6-97P-OI88-63YMTS13" she spoke, olivia shaking her head. "this woman and her unbreakable codes." she grumbled, pressing the check mark button at the bottom as it flashed green, a lock clicking sound echoing into the parking lot.

gracie grasped the brass door handle, having to use a good portion of her strength to pull the door open, being met with two of taylor's security guards standing directly inside the main area.

the taller of the two, a man with a name tag that read 'ben', took a step forward, helping to push the door open and allowing the girls to escape from the biting early-winter air.

gracie gave him a rushed nod in thanks, grabbing olivia's hand and tugging her to the room she knew taylor would be in.

she found her talking with a group of older guys and pointing out different things on an iMac. her blonde hair is pulled back into a messy ponytail, and her jeans glimmer with a jewelled butterfly on the thigh. her upper body is covered by a white sweater, with red text reading 'i've missed you, i'm sorry', making gracie smile. she recognized the people around her as editors, and the one closest to the door, a man with dusty blonde hair and a large stature raised his hand to wave at her, clearing his throat to get taylor's attention.