twenty-seven

MESS IT UP
ACT TWENTY-SEVEN! - ' locked '
date - 09 / 12 / 2023

DAISY'S PLAYLIST ECHOED through the small room, the unmistakable start of west coast by lana del rey ringing in gracie's ears

she jiggled the doorknob once again, to no avail. "you're going to break the doorknob off." daisy spoke from behind her, legs folded over eachother cordially on the yellow couch, seeming more relaxed than ever. "this is your fault." gracie's voice was pointed as she turned on her heel, glaring at the blonde with as much anger as she could muster. she knew it wasn't actually her fault, but had to be mad at someone. daisy put her hands up in mock defence, her lips twitching into a small smile. she raised her eyebrows slightly.

"i'm not the one who kicked the rock out of the way." her voice is deadpan, gracie's eyes casting to the rock that had been acting as a weight to keep the door open, which had been somehow kicked out of the way when she had entered the room during her attempt to get away from olivia. she refused to admit defeat, remaining silent and instead crossing her arms dramatically over her chest.

"you might as well sit." daisy cocks her head, gracie sighing, tangling a hand into her chestnut hair. despite her best efforts to control it, being in such a confined space with a sober daisy for the first time in months made her stomach twist with need.

gracie sat down as far away as she could from the blonde, making daisy's expression falter slightly. she scoffed, shaking her head at the girls actions. gracie could feel daisy's eyes burning holes in the side of her head, making her shift her weight uncomfortably, trying to turn away from her to avoid her own temptations.

the silence is almost unbearable, daisy continuing to look to gracie with an unreadable expression. gracie finally turns to her, furrowing her eyebrows.

"why are you looking at me like that?" she asks, her voice no louder than a whisper, laced with some frustration that softens the moment her gaze lands on daisy. "it's nothing." daisy says, shaking her head quickly. gracie let's out a laugh. "i can still tell when you're lying, daisy." she reminds her, and daisy purses her lips, debating whether or not to let the words fall past her lips.

"you're breathtaking, seeing you this whole day has gotten me going crazy. that's why i'm hidden in here." daisy's words are soft, and genuine. gracie blushes, looking down, the sudden compliment catching her off guard. she interests herself in her lap, trying her best to brush off the butterflies that erupted in her stomach at the girls sentiments. the annoyance that was flowing through her veins just moments before disappeared, feeling the urge to pinch herself to pull herself out of the trance daisy had her trapped in.

"i'm serious, gracie." daisy's voice cuts the tension dense silence, which is so thick it's stealing every bit of oxygen from gracie's lungs. gracie still says nothing, feelings daisy's fingertips brush against her thigh, making her swallow dryly. she doesn't shy away from her touch, much to daisy's satisfaction.